Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Australia Day!!!!!!!!!

Happy Australia Day!!!!!!!!!

After a day of celebrating my nations day with a few drinks and a few pies and a few moore drinks, i just though i would spread the love through out the CC community
    HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!

Aussie Facts:-

• Apparently the first European settlers in Australia drank more alcohol per person than any other community in the history of mankind.

• Australian mines (one of our most important industries, which accounts for 15% of Australia's GDP) cover 0.02% of Australia's land mass. More land is occupied by pubs. (Can't find any statistics on the GDP here. My guess is: substantial)

• In 1954 Bob Hawke made it into the Guinness Record Book: he sculled 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds. Bob Hawke went on to become the Prime Minister of Australia.

• We have over 6000 species of flies, about 4000 species of ants, 1500 hundred species of spiders and there are about 350 species of termites in Australia.

• Australia has the world's largest cattle station (ranch). At 30,028 km2 it is almost the same size as Belgium.

• basic currency are huge cans of beer

• The Australian Coat of Arms features an emu and a kangaroo on it because the emu and the kangaroo can only walk forward and cannot go backward. Australia is also the only country that eats there own national animals, but i'll go a T-bone over a kangaroo any day.

And Finally :-

'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

HW,
    So well said , Happy Australia Day!

Kevin & I
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-31-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Remove commercial link.

Have a bonza day.

Happy Australia Day to all our members from OZ!

(KLD)

WHOO HOO! To celebrate, let's remember Madonna going down under for her Girlie Show world tour:

I Love it, it's one time in the year where most Aussie chuck a sickie on Monday to have a four day weekend, and no one gets in trouble for it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    WHOO HOO! To celebrate, let's remember Madonna going down under for her Girlie Show world tour:

Haha that would of been a hot show to go to. Ms Gaga is heading down here in March for her Monster Ball tour, thats going to be up there too

ill stick to a T-bone too ..

oh an this is the first step to eating roo mmmm yum fresh

Attachment 33820

AUSTRALIA i just love my country...

Happy Australia Day!!!

I tried to ignore this thread but just can't do it any more...

1. I'll take kangaroo over beef/lamb/chicken any day. It tastes better, its much better for you and its much better for our landscape. (Oh, and beef, lamb and chicken were all 'native' animals somewhere once).

2. No Aussies that I hang out with would be seen dead with a fosters and we could do without Madonna

3. We don't all see celebrating the arrival of the first boat people from Europe a particularly great thing... but I still reckon we live in the best country on earth but for different reasons.

4. the list of 'facts' is a pretty sad reflection on things we really should be celebrating - but may be true for Queenslanders....