Thread: Scared of these bumps, are they pressure sores?

Scared of these bumps, are they pressure sores?

I'm very scared of what these bumps on my thighs are. I been googling pressure sores and bed sores for awhile and can't find anything that looks like my condition. I figured it was stage 1 or 2 seeing how it looks nothing like the pictures I've seen and I can't find any pictures of stage 1/2 of them on humans and not just drawn diagrams of skin layers.

http://i49.tinypic.com/slgxsy.jpg

I've had them for about a year before I learned what they were, I've been trying to heal them but they seem to die down but will keep the purple/red bumps still. I've had 2 that actually got bigger and bursted with blood coming out. They weren't big but only like half an inch. I have these on both my legs. I try to lay down when ever I can and mainly only sit when using the toilet or going on drives that I have to be on.

Are they pressure/bed sores? Or are they something else?

The photo is pretty poor quality, but what you are showing is not anything like a pressure ulcer or bed sore. I assume you do not have a spinal cord injury or similar disability because your profile is blank. I would suggest you see a good dematologist to get diagnosed and determine if this even requires any treatment.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The photo is pretty poor quality, but what you are showing is not anything like a pressure ulcer or bed sore. I assume you do not have a spinal cord injury or similar disability because your profile is blank. I would suggest you see a good dematologist to get diagnosed and determine if this even requires any treatment.

(KLD)
    I don't have a spinal cord problem but I was bed ridden for awhile after getting my gal bladder and appendix removed and couldn't really move. Before my surgery I didn't have anything on my thighs it was just smooth skin but after sitting in the chair for 5 weeks only moving to use the bathroom/shower I started getting red bumps. Sometimes if I sit to long they begin to have one or two on my left thigh that bubbles and burst out blood/puss. Sorry if I offended anyone I just was scared and been looking for forums to post a picture on and this was the only one I found that didn't need 25+ posts to post links.

Not at all like bed sores or pressure ulcers from either the photos or your descriptions. Sound much more like boils. If you have had a recent hospitalization, you are at significant risk for MRSA boils. See a good dermatologist. You may need strong antibiotics.

(KLD)

it looks similar to a staph infection my son had.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Not at all like bed sores or pressure ulcers from either the photos or your descriptions. Sound much more like boils. If you have had a recent hospitalization, you are at significant risk for MRSA boils. See a good dermatologist. You may need strong antibiotics.

(KLD)
    Wow thanks a lot, I googled boils on thighs and went to the picture place and found some pictures that looked like mine. I knew they didn't look like any bed sores I've seen but it was the only thing going through my head >.< sorry for the time wasted and thanks for the help.