Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: device for brushing teeth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

device for brushing teeth?

Can someone recommend a quad friendly device for brushing teeth? For years I've been putting an electric toothbrush in a "Pool Cue Cuff " purchased at www.accesstr.com. It works great but the cuff wears out after about a year, about $40 for a new one. Seems expensive, was hoping I could get a recommendation for a cheaper alternative. Thanks...

Eddie, C5 quad

Sonicare toothbrush. Just like you went to the dentist.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I use a universal holder from Sammons Preston, taped to a battery toothbrush.
    It's a metal hook with a hook and loop strap.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

u shaped handle strapped to an oral b

followed by water pik, which does an excellent job for quads who can't floss

finished with a listerine rinse

Two hands on a Braun electric toothbrush followed by an electric Reach flosser. Rinse with a good mouthwash.

Quote Originally Posted by imkitch View Post
    Two hands on a Braun electric toothbrush followed by an electric Reach flosser. Rinse with a good mouthwash.
    Thats what I do too. My sonicare has a little bit of rubber on the back so that makes it grippy and better at holding.

You can try this

Eddie - you can try this product on your toothbrush. Although it's designed to go on cups and bottles - if your toothbrush is thick enough, or if you put some foam around the handle - it will work great for a toothbrush. I put some foam around the outside of my sonicare and it works well. The product is called the uDrink - check it out: http://www.u-adapt.com/udrink.html

Blog Entries
    are there really no other new cuffs to hold an electric toothbrush? I had gotten one when I was at Frazier rehab in Kentucky, but it is starting to wear out. I wonder if someone just made it there, but it seems like this product would be available. If someone knows where to get one, please let me know. Thanks.

This might work. It's cheap, too (~$20 including shipping).

Attachment 45426
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Blog Entries
    that is the universal cuff that I use for my eating utensils. It unfortunately isn't wide enough for electric toothbrush. The one I have now is made of neoprene. There has to be another one out there somewhere!