Thread: colostomy foods? looking for a colostomy forum

colostomy foods? looking for a colostomy forum

my stool isnt loose but not hard either? when my stool comes out formed i have my best results. what is happening is the stool being soft [not like diarhea] its wanting to just form a blob right at the exit. so when the next movement occurs its blocked from the first blob[sorry ''blob'' just best explains it]. that forces the stool to go under the wafer. if my stoma stuck out this would be so bad but my stoma is sunk in so its harder to keep a wafer on anyway. ive looked online for colostomy foods that would help. i was wondering when they say foods that thicken stool does that mean more formed[cause thats what im trying to achieve]? i have had stool come out more formed before so it drops down during the movement. so im trying to find out what helps that. i do lubricate the inside of the bag and i know i can work it down by hand. but sometimes when its worked it causes it to go under wafer. appreciate any advice. also i know there forum based websites like carecure for people with ostomies any suggestions on which ones are better or most popular as far as members.

thanx again and god bless,
    josh
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Colostomy

Josh, I suggest you contact the manufacturer of your colostomy device. They are good at advising on this sort of thing.

Also, are your wearing a wafer that is made specially for "innies"? If not this may pose a problem when evacuating.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Uoaa forum - I participate on the irrigation Subforum It is. A great place. Ostomy world is a little bit like SCI world - the patients know more than the nurses and doctors.