View Poll Results: When SCI is cured – what to do?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watch TV

1 3.23%
  • Buy lots of food

2 6.45%
  • Engage in nuclear power discussions

2 6.45%
  • Read books

1 3.23%
  • Kill peoples

0 0%
  • Eat sushi food

2 6.45%
  • Educate

5 16.13%
  • Be nice

3 9.68%
  • Engage in sports

10 32.26%
  • Say hi to a cat

0 0%
  • Throw a PC out the window

3 9.68%
  • Eat more vegetables

1 3.23%
  • Give away

3 9.68%
  • Learn more

3 9.68%
  • Kill a rat

0 0%
  • Gamble on poker

0 0%
  • Be yourself

16 51.61%
  • Paint a house

3 9.68%
  • Rob a bank

0 0%
  • Get another SCI

4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: When SCI is cured – what to do?

well, all i know is i'm paralyzed and in horrible pain until i die. of that, i have no doubt.

my hope is for future generations. there will be something, i am positive of that. but i know i am in this for the count, no illusions. i've known this since i first was told what had happened to me.

i just didn't know about the relentless pain. and, given the pain increase last 3 yrs, i am scared. but, nothing to be done. que sera, sera. i cannot change it and i can only try not to worry.

i read somewhere that the person who worries has no faith in their god. think it was a character in a novel. but it struck a chord w/me.

[QUOTE=cass;1156130]well, all i know is i'm paralyzed and in horrible pain until i die. of that, i have no doubt.[/QUOT]Why?

[QUOTE=Leif;1156136]
    Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    well, all i know is i'm paralyzed and in horrible pain until i die. of that, i have no doubt.[/QUOT]Why?
    because i know the timeframe. will not happen in my lifetime. it really is, imo, ridiculous to think a cure will happen and my life restored. maybe at hogwarts.

my brother was diagnosed w/juvenile diabetes in mid 70's. then we were told cure around the corner. he died in jan 1988, still taking insulin shots. the American Diabetes Assoc still says cure is near.

cancer has robbed me of my cousin, my bro, my best friend (a few others). i still am told donate, we'll beat this. i have no doubt we will someday. i currently have something on my back (mole gone bad). derm will see me 2/2.

i'm tired of hearing it. these things take time. more time than i have. i accepted that long ago. reality has hit me too many times.

[QUOTE=cass;1156158]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post

because i know the timeframe. will not happen in my lifetime. it really is, imo, ridiculous to think a cure will happen and my life restored. maybe at hogwarts.

my brother was diagnosed w/juvenile diabetes in mid 70's. then we were told cure around the corner. he died in jan 1988, still taking insulin shots. the American Diabetes Assoc still says cure is near.

cancer has robbed me of my cousin, my bro, my best friend (a few others). i still am told donate, we'll beat this. i have no doubt we will someday. i currently have something on my back (mole gone bad). derm will see me 2/2.

i'm tired of hearing it. these things take time. more time than i have. i accepted that long ago. reality has hit me too many times.
    We work super hard on cancer cures. And better than before. Hey, say if one could say the same for sci too? Why not. It's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    well, all i know is i'm paralyzed and in horrible pain until i die. of that, i have no doubt.

my hope is for future generations. there will be something, i am positive of that. but i know i am in this for the count, no illusions. i've known this since i first was told what had happened to me.

i just didn't know about the relentless pain. and, given the pain increase last 3 yrs, i am scared. but, nothing to be done. que sera, sera. i cannot change it and i can only try not to worry.

i read somewhere that the person who worries has no faith in their god. think it was a character in a novel. but it struck a chord w/me.
    I am not commenting on the SCI cure here (I am not knowledgeable) but there seems to be an increased interest in pain management. Hopefully that will spill over into research - so I hope there will at the least be hope for you to be in less pain.

I'm sorry Cass.

If I was cured I'd be Forest Gump and start jogging and never stop.

I'd go to the beach, sink my feet into the sand and feel every little grain go through my toes then run for miles until I couldn't go any farther then just lay there and feel the waves come over me and not worry about a thing.

Since you didn't have this option I voted, "Be myself."
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

I would do something sporty. Last two things before my injury were sports.

After that, I would probably be bored so I would be myself again.

Party after my house is painted and dance like no one is watching!
    T6 complete