Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is living in Florida all that?

If you stay away from kids, don't touch doorknobs, don't kiss, don't shake hands, don't get sneezed on, ... and NEVER touch your eyes, nose or mouth - you have a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. Each winter is making Florida look better and better. Or any southern state. California would be nice too.

I had thought that flu would be less widespread in Florida. I had always heard that the flu season happens in the winter because people spend a lot more time indoors together(to stay out of the cold) and it gets passed around easier. So you would think the warmer states wouldn't have as big of flu problem.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Yes it is. The cold up North is not for Quads.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

O.K. not to "rub it in",but as an example, 8:30 this evening I had to go to the supermarket. It is Jan. 22 and the temp outside is 70 degrees.I go out in jeans and tee shirt and I'm comfortable. Beautiful night,clear,starry skies and a lite breeze.

If I was up in L.I. NY, I'd have 3 shirts a sweater and a coat on and I'd still be cold.I'm on the east coast,south Florida,northernmost Palm Beach County.

I really enjoy Miami and the key's
    Maybe someday i'll re migrate back yonder

The onlything was Handicapped foul parkingspaces not available for my ol mule bessyloo and chigger
    Then My Mule Stable the town rezoned and wouldnt allow her and chigger any city water so Festus moved dem fer us

Oh man, I would love to be sitting outside on a porch right now reading. I think if the hubby and I moved anywhere in Florida it would be somewhere near Miami. We'll see where we end up.....but it will definitely be at least a little further south!

The temp here in St Lucie county is 77 with overcast clouds but a lovely breeze blowing. All the sliders are open and I am in a sundress, ya can't beat that. I am getting ready to brew a cuppa tea and go out on the deck for some meditation and bird watching. I love my home and this state, they'd have to drag me out kicking n screaming. As we say down this way, " I've got the sand in my shoes."

If anyone is ever in this neck of the woods I'd love to meet ya and that is a standing invite,
    Pam

I agree with the Princess. I live in Fort Myers and we have the same weather. It's hot in the summer but that's better (to me) than being cold in January. Florida is mostly great (have to avoid hurricanes once in a while). Besides, we have good football teams. Just not as good as Alabama, this year anyway.

I don't enjoy hot or cold temps (mid 60's is perfect) but can function much better when it's cold. Once the outside temp reaches 85 I literally burn up from the inside out after only a couple hours of outside activity. I drink plenty of fluids and attempt to cool off with a spray bottle, but there's no substitution for my inability to sweat.

At least when it's cold out I can always wear layers to stay warm. Not so when it's hot...

I'm willing to bet that your hottest days far surpass our annual high, But we have a lot of days you wouldn't like. Sixties is normal for our nightly lows in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    I don't enjoy hot or cold temps (mid 60's is perfect) but can function much better when it's cold. Once the outside temp reaches 85 I literally burn up from the inside out after only a couple hours of outside activity. I drink plenty of fluids and attempt to cool off with a spray bottle, but there's no substitution for my inability to sweat.

At least when it's cold out I can always wear layers to stay warm. Not so when it's hot...
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    I'm willing to bet that your hottest days far surpass our annual high, But we have a lot of days you wouldn't like. Sixties is normal for our nightly lows in the winter.
    The humidity is the killer. In South Central Pennsylvania we rarely see high temps (I usually only run my AC 1 - 2 weeks out of the year) but the humidity makes it feel 10 - 15 degrees warmer.