Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My husband has a T4 complete injury. Questions for wives???

You sound like me, but honestly they dont care. People really don't think about the disabled anymore. I'm 18 years old, my husband is a c6 quad and I have a 2 month baby...If anyone needs a HC parking space we do! I've had my share of getting mad, cursing people out, or waiting for them to come out of the store and then aggressively trying to run them over with my car but it gets you absolutely no where (just makes you feel a little better) And theres really nothing anyone can do about it, because anyone can get a HC sticker from their grandma =[

Readingthese posts make me really miss my wife and how much she loves me and how much she cares for me and is such an advocate for me....I am 1 year months post injurty and am in the hospital right now...had to get my back refused as 3 vertibrea had not fused correctly. I am pretty lucky I live in Iowa and the people are just awesome, they really are. The looks I get are interesting as I drive a truck and so when i am in it you cannot tell that I am a wheelchair user, so its fun to see the dirty looks and then when i start to get out and they see I am in a wheelchair they quickly look away. I always want to follow them and thank them for caring and encourage them to say something to people who do park in hc spots.

We have 3 kids and I work at the same job it did before my accident and I still coach 4 different sports for my kids, but I still struggle when a ref comes over and walks pat me and then goes to the other coach because i couldnt possibly be the coach, that irks me a little.....

but back to my original point I miss her so much right now, I made her go home with the kids and stay the night, they need their mommy also and she needs a break. I can see the hurt in her eyes everytime she looks at me with her deep blue eyes. It just kills me, I am handling it better than her for sure. But the pain that the family memebrs feel and the anger is incredible. And the self confidence for us is hard to maintain. I feel so unattractive and fat and ugly etc. in my chair and before my accident I was very confident and very focused. So sometimes I think that bothers her a little when she sees a friend of mine who is able bodied, but she knows that emotionaly I have been through so much more and so much more of an understanding of it all and I can emotionaly connect.......wheew..kind of went of there a little, sorry....

hv1987

No one ever needs to apologize here hv1987 ....... this is CC's official "I'm sorry free" zone !!

All most of us need now and then is an opportunity to get it out, let it out and vent it out ..... release and breathe ... so we can begin again to face another day another challenge ..... please extend this invitation to your wife to join us at CC as well. She will find much needed support here and more than that .... endless info to battle this world you've both been thrust into ..... sorry you had to but very glad you found us ....

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

HV - its sounds like you have a very lovely wife and a very loving relationship. I know my husband loves me but to hear him express it like you have about your wife would bring tears to my eyes. I hope you heal quickly. - Lisa

I have just found this site and this is my first time to read anything or post but this parking thing really buggs me too. My husband is T-4, Little over 4 years ago. I too am protective of him in public. I sometimes feel I run interference for him going through crowded places. We actually keep a notepad (sticky notes) in the van. Whenever we see someone parked in HC parking without a tag or plackard, we put a sticky note on the windshield, thanking them for being so inconsiderate and taking up this space that makes life even harder for handicapped people. Last one we left was waded up on the ground when we came back out of the store. Guess we struck a nerve?

Welcome georgiacaregiver! Please start a new post so everyone can get to know you!

Sometimes I'd like to use this solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b9Z3MYo2M0