Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My husband has a T4 complete injury. Questions for wives???

welcome. glad and sorry you found carecure.

Good now I dont feel as crazy for what I did last night. I was coming out of the supermarket and a mercedes pulled right up in front just as I was coming out blocking all of the huge 14 foot entrance ramp and the car just stopped and was sitting there. Meantime I'm sitting there scratching my head. A young a/b girl then jumped out and said "Can I Help You" I'm like WTF? "Tell the Ass^^^++ whoever is driving the car to move it, I cant get by",. Its unreal sometimes, what is wrong with people?

Your husband will be fine as long as you dont baby him too much, I'm a T4 para also (common level for some reason) been like this nearly 30 years and done fine.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

You're doing just fine newbee, keep it up. Block the AB car in if you can and tell them to call the cops! In almost 40 years of handicap parking I have not seen one ticket given out for abusive parking. I even asked a judge about it and he got very offensive, didn't give an answer either. Parking always was a problem and always will be, it just doesn't get enforced!

HAAAHAAA! That was priceless!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    Loves2 - I always thought their disability was something to do with memory loss, like they might forget were they parked or something if they didnt park close to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Good now I dont feel as crazy for what I did last night. I was coming out of the supermarket and a mercedes pulled right up in front just as I was coming out blocking all of the huge 14 foot entrance ramp and the car just stopped and was sitting there. Meantime I'm sitting there scratching my head. A young a/b girl then jumped out and said "Can I Help You" I'm like WTF? "Tell the Ass^^^++ whoever is driving the car to move it, I cant get by",. Its unreal sometimes, what is wrong with people?

Your husband will be fine as long as you dont baby him too much, I'm a T4 para also (common level for some reason) been like this nearly 30 years and done fine.
    Yeah but in real life..Curt DOES want to be babied....but just on Sundays...buwahahahahah!
    1FineSpineRN

The anger the first few months and years can be overwhelming. Especially as a mother or wife.

My son was injured three years ago and there is still a cosmic sense that I somehow failed in my job as a mother to protect him (and I wasn't even there when he was injured).

I still feel sick to my stomach when I see a young man about my son's age with the same tall frame and build -- it's like I can see my son in the shoes and can hardly stand the sight knowing that he can't do the same things anymore. I don't think it bothers my son as much as it bothers me.

The anger does fade and I've learned to pick my battles and use whatever emotions productively.

It's hard to control it with parking violations -- my family knows that someday they will probably have to bail me out of jail because I loose it and start slashing tires!

Stay strong.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

PeanutsLucy - I understand how you feel completely. It has only been over a year since Sarah's accident and it kills me inside every day. I still struggle to comes to terms with this. (I have heard therapy will help and have been in the past, but as her mother, I do not think that anything will ever help me. CC has become my safe place.)

I look forward to the day that Sarah just runs someone over or into them for being disrespectful to her. It happens oh too often. She is very considerate and deserves the same in return.

We should have a website where we post pix (with license plates proudly displayed) of every vehicle (private, commercial, etc) blocking the HC spots. Would make a great site for venting.....
    Or does one exist that I don't know about yet?

Gee, it's a shame when the chair ramp smacks the jerkwad parked in the access area between 2 hc spots, doesn't it? Tsk tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
    The anger the first few months and years can be overwhelming. Especially as a mother or wife.

My son was injured three years ago and there is still a cosmic sense that I somehow failed in my job as a mother to protect him (and I wasn't even there when he was injured).

I still feel sick to my stomach when I see a young man about my son's age with the same tall frame and build -- it's like I can see my son in the shoes and can hardly stand the sight knowing that he can't do the same things anymore. I don't think it bothers my son as much as it bothers me.

The anger does fade and I've learned to pick my battles and use whatever emotions productively.

It's hard to control it with parking violations -- my family knows that someday they will probably have to bail me out of jail because I loose it and start slashing tires!

Stay strong.
    I know how u feel.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggin' Lady View Post
    We should have a website where we post pix (with license plates proudly displayed) of every vehicle (private, commercial, etc) blocking the HC spots. Would make a great site for venting.....
    Or does one exist that I don't know about yet?
    There are a couple ..... I can't remember the names, but they have been mentioned here in some of the parking threads. You could probable find them with the search.

edited .... here is one www.caughtya.org
    Last edited by sjean423; 01-25-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005