Thread: Disney World

Disney World

Hi,
    My wife and I are thinking about going to Disney world during our vacation. Does anyone have any recommendations or input on just how accessable the parks are? We only plan to spend a day (I know it's not much time), but we'd just like to get as much as we can into our vacation. Thanks!

Disney World is like a fantasy place in terms of accessibility. There is hardly anything that is not accessible. When I was there I took the Disney buses, the boats, and I think there were only two rides that were not recommended or accessible, one of which included a terrifying steep drop. Been there, done that, no desire to do terrifying drops so it was OK with me to skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    Hi,
    My wife and I are thinking about going to Disney world during our vacation. Does anyone have any recommendations or input on just how accessable the parks are? We only plan to spend a day (I know it's not much time), but we'd just like to get as much as we can into our vacation. Thanks!
    Very accessible. I am actually going in February.
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

i live 3 hrs south of disney...been a few times past couple years.......it is very welcoming to wheelchairs...alot of rides u can go on in a reg chair,,need to transfer to reg if in powerchair.....a few rides accept powerchairs....u can go to front of most lines, rides have special cars to fit a wheelchair, so u just wait till it comes around and ur in......u can go pretty much everywhere....all hotels are great, we always stay on property..animal kindom and contemporary last time.....no prob for monorail or ferry....
    also been to animal kingdom, epcot, hollywood studios, pretty much same throughout.......and also universal/islands of adventure/city walk..which is 20 min away ..........no worries....u will enjoy......any question, feel free to pm me.............
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Talking

I would suggest skipping Animal Kingdom, especially if you only have one day. There are some interesting things there but I would say that it is the least accessible of the parks. It is very spread out with not alot to see between the rides. Also, many of the walkways are made to seem like paths through the wilderness and aren't the easiest for pushing.

Other than that, just make sure you go to Guest Relations as soon as you enter the park you choose to get a Wheelchair Pass. This is what gets you to the front of the lines. Even if you aren't going on the ride but others in your party are, show the pass. They will take you all through and take you over to the exit to wait for them. Have a great time.

I'm thinking about going to Disneyworld this year. Just went to Disneyland last month, and I was impressed with how accessable things are there. One ride, "Buzz lightyear" they have a special car. The back comes down, and they were able to wheel me on and secure without me having to get out of my chair. Good times!

I have heard most of the parks are pretty accessible...

What park did you all enjoy the most overall?? I think in April I'm gonna burn up some of my frequent flyer miles and go to Orlando area. I don't like spending all my vacation time on the go, but rather by the pool I did want to visit one of the parks. I have no desire for Magic Kingdom or Seaworld..been to both too many times. I haven't been to any others tho! Recommendations??

I always loved going to florida and spending all my time at the water parks Soooo much fun! I miss that a lot!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Sounds fun! Post pics after and let us know how it went! I want to go sometime
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

i want to go to Disneyworld... I just don't want to go at it alone