Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers clinic floor collapses under dieters

Weight Watchers clinic floor collapses under dieters

The floor of a Weight Watchers clinic in Sweden collapsed beneath a group of 20 members of the weight loss programme who were gathered for a meeting.
    As the dieters queued to see how many pounds they had shed, the floor beneath them in the clinic in Växjö, in south-central Sweden, began to rumble, according to a report in The Local, Sweden's English-language newspaper.

"We suddenly heard a huge thud; we almost thought it was an earthquake and everything flew up in the air.

"The floor collapsed in one corner of the room and along the walls," one Weight Watchers participant told the Smålandsposten newspaper.

Soon, the fault lines spread around the room, and other sections of the floor gave way
    Click here for the rest.

All I have to say is LOL. It must've been early in these people's quest to lose weight to take out a whole floor. And you thought the people on the biggest loser were big.

damn, i had to laugh at that
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I wonder if anyone was hurt? I don't think it's funny.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I wonder if anyone was hurt? I don't think it's funny.
    from the story

Luckily, all of the dieters escaped uninjured and managed to move the scales to the corridor, which was not damaged in the accident, and were able to complete their weekly weigh in.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

"The cause of the floor's collapse remains under investigation."

Ahhhh, hmmm....???
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

wow imagine how scared after haiti.

You folks have to be the most insensitive people I know......

You don't appreciate people making fun of you or your disability so why do you feel that you can make fun of others. I am not saying being fat is a disability however people do have diagnosed eating disorders which believe it or not is treatable just like your spinal cord injury except fat people can be cured of being overweight.

Weight Watchers is a great program and I feel sorry for those who may have been injured.

I think some of you are just cruel and enjoy upsetting others as evidenced by the smilies in the comment from the other thread I posted the following saying in.

I guess some members purpose for being here is just to roil/flame/push the buttons of others?

“Stupidity is better kept a secret than displayed” Heraclitus of Ephesus (greek philosopher remembered for his cosmology 540-480BC)

T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    You folks have to be the most insensitive people I know......

You don't appreciate people making fun of you or your disability so why do you feel that you can make fun of others. I am not saying being fat is a disability however people do have diagnosed eating disorders which believe it or not is treatable just like your spinal cord injury except fat people can be cured of being overweight.

Weight Watchers is a great program and I feel sorry for those who may have been injured.

I think some of you are just cruel and enjoy upsetting others as evidenced by the smilies in the comment from the other thread I posted the following saying in.

I guess some members purpose for being here is just to roil/flame/push the buttons of others?

“Stupidity is better kept a secret than displayed” Heraclitus of Ephesus (greek philosopher remembered for his cosmology 540-480BC)

Well said, Daisy!

I actually AM in the Weight Watchers program, and find these remarks totally uncalled for.

Could somebody please apologize here?

I have a friend who has a glandular disease...and it is not even possible for her to lose weight due to it...I hope nobody who has one of those situations in their lives reads any such hurtful remarks.

Thank you.

Teena

The chance of serious injuries kind of cancels the humor.

I dunno, I can see some humour in it. Come on, it's not like someone got it in the genitals with an errand little league baseball or something! Sheesh. ;-p
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon