View Poll Results: When will evidence of regeneration of the injured human spinal cord be available?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before 2011

14 22.58%
  • Before 2012

7 11.29%
  • Before 2013

8 12.90%
  • Before 2014

2 3.23%
  • Before 2015

9 14.52%
  • Before 2016

1 1.61%
  • Before 2017

1 1.61%
  • Before 2018

1 1.61%
  • Before 2019

0 0%
  • Before 2020

4 6.45%
  • Before 2025

15 24.19%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When will evidence of regeneration of the injured human spinal cord be available?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I voted for "before 2011"

Go wise!!
    Idem, I have the same positive feeling!

Whenever Geron publishes their results......hopefully

Cool

Just a lame poll in my opinion as what most polls are

before you jump on me I hope you can relate to
    "sir I may not agree with what you say but i will defend to the death your right to say it"
    "common sense is not so common"
    Voltaire

I have always wondered why a percentage of human beings seem to believe they have the ultimate control over what will be when it has"nt happened yet
    (predicting the future , my point)

Big difference between "forcasting " and down right opinionated ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    A side note: I personally will not meat any inclusion criteria for the first wave of trials aimed at regeneration, regardless of how much I advocate for SCI research and SCI cures, none, this due to my cord is injured in a spot where much more research is required, I believe. But I will gladly do such when the time is due. My personal SCI problems have never been the issue or the focus on the fight for SCI cures, and it will never become. But since I am a spinal cord injured person, have been for over ten years now, seen what I have seen as for what could have be done, the fight must go on. Kids should not experience such, sky-high spinal cord injured peoples should be helped by any means, including research and trials for regrowth of axons, establishing of neurons and hopefully more functions. New injured spinal cord persons likewise should have better outcomes; much is improved due to emergency care (which is great many places in this world and docs and nurses do a wonderful job, the same could also be said with primary rehabilitation where one receives it). But all this good work (or lack of it wherever one is situated in this world) can’t be compared to a SCI cure, or SCI cures.

Leif for President!!

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I got to meet the man in black and his lovely june carter. I was ridding my little white pony through a tiny town called truro Iowa, and a bus pulled up. I had stopped in the general store for a grape soda, and a peek in my dads deserted recording studio ruin, which was in truro, and in walked june and johny to get some pepsi. news flew, and people flocked over to get pictures and autographs. somewhere there is a picture of my pony's rear and one of my bare feet just at the edge of the frame next to the man in black.
    That is uber cool. Really? Pony car’s (Mustang’s and so), not car but a horse (pony). Go away. You didn’t do what you wrote above, did you? If so, you Jody is the superwoman! Jody for first lady!

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    but thatslike saying how do you find out when/where the next earthquake will be?
    Studying earthquakes might help and I hope it will. Best guesstimates, are based upon empiric guesstimates and estimates, which again boil down to best science fact estimates. So?
    Last edited by Leif; 01-24-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    That is uber cool. Really? Pony car’s (Mustang’s and so), not car but a horse (pony). Go away. You didn’t do what you wrote above, did you? If so, you Jody is the superwoman! Jody for first lady!
    yes it is true. they stayed over an hour to sighn autographs and pose with strangers for pictures. I did not pose for a picture, but sat on my pony and looked on. you never know who you will meet each day in the world. I have gotten to meet a few people volunteering at the philly folk fest. and met Rod stewart in a see,s candy store at the opening of horton plaza in San Diego. got in a traffic jam with the band night ranger in the 80's. they wrote the song sister christian. they were just ordinary folks getting on with their day same as I was. David coverdale of white snake lived a few bocks over from me, and my brothers competed for the same partys to book their garage bands at. His mother had a craft supply store that I shopped at often. befor fame, and just as white snake became known in 84. I have been friends with charlie parkers son his family for a few years. he is not famouse but again just a guy who lives on a street in an ordinary house in an ordinary town. when I was 19, I was at the Iowa state fair and people kept taking my picture and asking for autographs. aparently I looked like marie osmond at the time. I thought how I dont think I would like to have that happen every day for the rest of my life, so I was quiet about my excitement when johnny and june cash were there next to me, and the same with Rod stewart who was just shopping that day.