View Poll Results: When will evidence of regeneration of the injured human spinal cord be available?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before 2011

14 22.58%
  • Before 2012

7 11.29%
  • Before 2013

8 12.90%
  • Before 2014

2 3.23%
  • Before 2015

9 14.52%
  • Before 2016

1 1.61%
  • Before 2017

1 1.61%
  • Before 2018

1 1.61%
  • Before 2019

0 0%
  • Before 2020

4 6.45%
  • Before 2025

15 24.19%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will evidence of regeneration of the injured human spinal cord be available?

Question When will evidence of regeneration of the injured human spinal cord be available?

With evidence it means scientifically proven, for example by clinical trials on human subjects with SCI. With regeneration it means - more or less - regeneration of the injured human spinal cord. Regeneration may be in the form of a greater positive clinical function return, or in the form of smaller regeneration measured with electrophysiological techniques (for example SSEP/MEP), state of the art imaging techniques (for example fMRI) or other techniques. All regeneration is important, if it is greater that is very good, but even the slightest positive physiological change in the injured spinal cord is also good, because then the researchers will be able to go after this change in order to develop the treatments further. When does one believe that one will have scientifically evidence of regeneration as described above here for the injured human spinal cord? The option “never” is not included because “never” is not an option. This is a serious poll.

Hi Leif,

Does return of sensation count?

After my oeg my therapist began charting sensation return, I will need to find the name of chart. Anyway we did this every 3-4 months for a year and each test showed improvement.

Sensation went from shoulder mid shoulder to parts of fingers, after one year we stopped charting.

Also my ability to perspire has moved from mid shoulder to butt and hips.

This was not do to therapy, could be placebo but I doubt it.

It could be said it was from just the surgery because I never had decompression done.

However my guess your poll wants to judge thoughts on coming treatments, eh?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Wink

about right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Hi Leif,

Does return of sensation count?

After my oeg my therapist began charting sensation return, I will need to find the name of chart. Anyway we did this every 3-4 months for a year and each test showed improvement.

Sensation went from shoulder mid shoulder to parts of fingers, after one year we stopped charting.

Also my ability to perspire has moved from mid shoulder to butt and hips.

This was not do to therapy, could be placebo but I doubt it.

It could be said it was from just the surgery because I never had decompression done.

However my guess your poll wants to judge thoughts on coming treatments, eh?
    Hi buddy Leo,
    Sensation is a function so I believe it counts, however this poll asks for scientifically proven functions due to regeneration. The poll asks what is written in the first post.

fti

i would like to see some thing as quick as why not as dr.wise i would say he was ask this be four
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Leo, i think Leif is talking about an evidence of the regeneration in human spinal cord as clear that you can show it to the dumbest politic/FDA member/investor and they can´t deny support and funds.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Quote Originally Posted by blessus View Post
    Leif you sold out
    Bob, you don't know what you are talking about.

We are getting close for sure. I voted by 2012

When will evidence of regeneration of the injured human spinal cord be available?

Hmm typical for me would be the day after I cut my spasming legs off. Fat bastards all of um!
    Andrew