Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turtle in the middle of the bike path

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Wow, looks kinda scary, I would not wanna tangle with that guy.

There are similiar looking creatures in abundance fairly close to here at another place I ride called Gaspirella Island, in fact there were so many of them on the island a couple years ago they had to hire a expert to get rid of most them. They can get to be over 4 feet in size and its pretty scary when you come upon one of those laying across the bike path. They can move pretty fast too, kinda the same with Alligators so you gotta be careful.

Thats the good thing with the turtles, they really are not very threatening as long as you dont do something stupid like put a finger near their snappers.
    I can't take credit for the photo I found it on google images just so you guys would know what I was talking about. I think these lizards only reach abot 2 foot and are pretty harmless though I have had a few laughs watching people get a fright when they see them. In fact I am probably more of a danger to them . Are you at risk of getting ambushed by an alligator ?

You gotta be careful around here with the gators, they dont attack people often, but its always a possibility. I'm careful when I go out at night time as thats when they are out, they generally dont go too far away from the water, but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I can't take credit for the photo I found it on google images just so you guys would know what I was talking about. I think these lizards only reach abot 2 foot and are pretty harmless though I have had a few laughs watching people get a fright when they see them. In fact I am probably more of a danger to them . Are you at risk of getting ambushed by an alligator ?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Curt and Lurch, great pics. I think that water dragon would scare me big time.

Curt, just think, if you hadn't moved the only thing you would be looking at on the bike paths would be giant ice ruts!
    Ya, I'm liking it in Fla. I go back and forth though between here and up North, infact heading up North Tomorrow, not really looking forward to it. I was suppose to head back up North for Christmas, but I cancelled my trip as there was a big snowstorm then and it was like, no thanks, I'll stay in Florida.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I guess that's the difference between Florida and Indiana. In Florida, it's "Aww, watch out for the turtle". In Indiana, it "Alright, turtle soup".
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.