Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How can the pain get worse?? :(

Becky, sorry to hear about the pain . It's such a misnomer, paralysis, why does it hurt so? Maybe Lyrica? I found that Xanax mixed with pain meds helps quiet the nerves? Just trying to suggest anything to help, hate when friends are in pain, feel so helpless.God bless you, hope releif comes soon.

4 days is forever when you are in extreme pain. I would get in as early as I could and not think twice about it. Take care and hope you feel better.

swh, I agree which is why i took the appt! I just hate when i get "that look".
    FG, i have tried lyrica but not w/ xanax. Ill suggest that.

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Hey bc

I am soo sorry re the pain. I really understand, as many of us do. Hang in and push to get what you need. Sometimes the road is tough to find something that works even a little.

In my prayers and good luck, send warm healing vibes your way
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Thanks Bill - I'm just so tired of this life . Can I trade it in for a better one? . Has anyone been in so much pain that they actually have thrown up? I hope that never happens again. I tried calling my doc right after that happened but no luck with an earlier appt. I am calling tomorrow first thing!!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    . Has anyone been in so much pain that they actually have thrown up?
    A few times. More often, I just come close. I never figured out quite why .... thinking it is the same response to pain as w/ migraines?

But more than once I have tried to hold out long enough for the pain medication to get into my system before I throw it up.

Sorry you are still in so much pain. But, glad you are home. Will you be able to start classes at all?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    A few times. More often, I just come close. I never figured out quite why .... thinking it is the same response to pain as w/ migraines?

But more than once I have tried to hold out long enough for the pain medication to get into my system before I throw it up.

Sorry you are still in so much pain. But, glad you are home. Will you be able to start classes at all?

I am supposed to start classes tomorrow but only going to be able to go for afternoon classes if that now .

Becky
    since 1/3/04

tossing cookies

Thanks Bill - I'm just so tired of this life . Can I trade it in for a better one? . Has anyone been in so much pain that they actually have thrown up? I hope that never happens again. I tried calling my doc right after that happened but no luck with an earlier appt. I am calling tomorrow first thing!!

Becky
    Wish I could help with a trade in. Lost 15 lbs since August, mostly upchucking lunch/dinner from pain up evry night gagging and nauseous from pain.

On bad days I try not to breathe or breathe so lightly because of the pain.

Sucks

I just started dronabinol which works OK but not great for nausea

keeping you in my thoughts
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Has anyone been in so much pain that they actually have thrown up?
    Reading things like this really makes me upset about polticians telling docs that medical MJ is off-limits, when there's a chance it would do some good.

David,
    I didnt mean to make you upset. I wanted to just know if anyone else had experienced this. When it happens to me it just really freaks me out. I just wanted to make sure that it wasnt just me .

Becky
    since 1/3/04