Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How can the pain get worse?? :(

Unhappy How can the pain get worse?? :(

I dont understand !!!!! Why does this pain NEVER end !!!! I know that some of it could be the after effects of having the chest tubes but my neuro pain and spasms actually are worse..... even from a couple weeks ago. I made an appt before i was discharged today with a new pain doc but thats not till the 26th. I cant even cry because i know it will cause more pain and i am NOT doing that willingly .

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

So sorry to hear this, Becky. I hate to say this, but this isn't the first time I've heard that lament.

Thats what i was afraid of David ...

Becky
    since 1/3/04

It is a quarter after 5 and i am still awake . I need to get to sleep but everytime i am close to it the pain and spasms remind me that they are currently in charge of my pathetic existance . How am I supposed to have a life like this?

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Sorry for your pain! Can you try calling your new pain doctor , explaining your misery, and seeing if the doctor can get you in there faster than the 26th? Or just find another doctor who is available....

Who are your current doctors? (not the new pain doc) Can you call and ask them to do something until you get in to see the new one?

So sorry Becky. Maybe it is because of all the irritation and stress of having the chest tubes that have kicked up the spasms? Definitely agree you should try to get some better pain meds until your appointment on the 26th.

So I called my physiatrist to see if i could get in to see him this week and see if he could help me till the 26th.He could see me friday but i dont know if that would be worth it. The appt with the pain doc would only be 4 days after. I took the appt but is it really worth it??
    Im thinking the spasm increase could def be from the stress and trauma my body just went through but I DONT LIKE IT!!!!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Wouldn't hurt to have his input when you see a new doc, would be my view. Of course, you can see if he gets any cancellations earlier as well.

Yes I am def going to be doing that as well! Thats what i thought that it def would hurt to go. I just would feel a little stupid saying something like, " thanks for giving me something just to get me through the next few days...".

Becky
    since 1/3/04