Thread: Thinking about purchasing Bodylastics

Thinking about purchasing Bodylastics

http://www.bodylastics.com/

Anyone ever tried these? Looks like it could be good. I've been slacking in my workouts for a few months atleast. Next weekend I'm going to build two pull up bars. One shorter one and a taller one with a rope. I used to have a 6 foot pull-up bar with a rope but I took it down a couple years ago because I climbed it all the way to the top and went to grab the bar but missed and fell to the ground. That hurt. ANyway these bodylastics look like a nice addition and was wondering if anyone has tried them.

I suppose this should be in the equipment forum....
    Last edited by XYNaPSE; 01-18-2010 at 03:55 AM.

i tired something like them. they worked for a month and one night i was using them to work my triceps. there is a clip that holds the handle to the rubber our what ever it is it broke came around smacked me in the face i had a red mark a cross my face of two weeks. i'll never use them again.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    i tired something like them. they worked for a month and one night i was using them to work my triceps. there is a clip that holds the handle to the rubber our what ever it is it broke came around smacked me in the face i had a red mark a cross my face of two weeks. i'll never use them again.
    Ouch! Yah that had to hurt. They do have a life time guarantee on theirs. This is going to make me think more. lol I have a friend that just purchased them and told me about it so I wanted to get more input. Thanks for sharing your story.

Has anyone here tried an acupressure mat? A friend of mine has one and claims that it really helps her with her back aches. Has anyone heard of one before? I have chronic low back pain and I'm pretty much willing to try anything at this point!

I use exercise bands (there are lots of brands; mine are Thera-Bands).

I use them mostly for shoulder rotations, but if I can't get to the gym or I'm traveling, I'll use them for other muscle groups. I've never had one snap back and hit me, but I've also never tried to anchor them in a door. I wrap them around a banister or sturdy bar.

I use different colored rubber cords. Different colors = different strengths. Cost approx. 50 cents a foot. I buy 20 feet at a time and hand them out to the newbies I meet with.

They're great for stretching out while in the car waiting for the wife or on a cruise we just got back from. I don't use the ones with handles due to the fear of one snapping off.

I like the cords over the bands in that they seems to respond better and are easier to wrap around the hand or doorknob

I was too close to a neighbor using theirs. He was standing on it, and it slipped off his shoe. I got six stitches on my eyebrow. fun.