Thread: Say Yes To The Dress

Say Yes To The Dress

I wanted to post this to see if anyone else caught the episode last night on TLC. It featured a young bride that is a para due to a spinal cord injury when she was in high school (8 yrs post); she uses a wheelchair. They made a custom back/train that I believe was just attached to her backrest so it could still be seen and didn't get rolled over.

Instead of pushing herself down the aisle she held her father's hand and he gracefully pulled/walked her hand-in-hand. The bride and groom sat for the ceremony and he carried her out to the getaway car when it was over.

I thought it was an interesting episode. The bride was worried about not finding a dress that would work and not feeling like a bride.

Google couldn't provide me with the full episode, but I found this newspaper article from her area that included a picture and video.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...special-dress/

Oh I noticed she was wearing tennis shoes under that dress when he was carrying her out, hehe.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

just from what I saw it was very sweet. I dont have television, but I liked the video with the rose petals and the convertible.

Best wishes to the bride and groom whoever they are.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Sounds like a beautiful wedding. Maybe the shoes were the best fitting. I still wear my military dress shoes, got them in 65 and is the only pair that is broke in to my feet.

Skippy, I thought I was the only one without a TV!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Yeah, I bet the shoes stayed on a lot better than most heels and dress shoes.
    You couldn't see them when she was sitting anyways and they were white too.

The train is a good idea so remember it ladies who are planning their wedding now or in the future.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I saw that episode and really enjoyed it. She was a beautiful bride.
    Instead of pushing herself down the aisle she held her father's hand and he gracefully pulled/walked her hand-in-hand.
    ^^^
    That is the same way I did it when I had my big ol' Catholic church wedding. Works really good.
    I loved the train hanging off the chair idea! That was brilliant!