Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Third Rule of Conduct on CareCure

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I don't know if I agree with you on the rest of your post, but I think you use the word 'or 'when 'and' should be used. It's like programming...and means all conditions must be met, or means any of them can be means of being banned. What roils one person may not roil another. What enrages one person, may not enrage another. The two words are synonyms, I'm sure. But the ambiguity is in the word 'deceptive.' Again, what's deceptive to on may not be to another. There are different levels of deception, and the word itself encompasses a broad range of meaning and definition.

It would be easy to post something that is true, and interesting to the masses, that would enrage or roil many people here. If the person posting wasn't being deceptive, would he be banned - whether he knew it'd be upsetting to many, or not? How many have to be offended to the point of being enraged before the rule kicks in? Too much ambivalence.
    my head hurts

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    my head hurts
    me too, can I or can I not still bang on ians head.

This seems more than fair to me, and the rules are, as I understand them, that deception will not be allowed. That is a good thing to protect us all from fake suicides, fake homocides, and so forth. Posting something that is going to upset another member, if it is factual, is still just fine. It is up to them to monitor their own response to this foray's into truth even when they choose not to believe the information, the same as when someone posts something false (but in print or video), but not intentionally deceptive, we must monitor ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    I'm still waiting for an answer to what a hairy egg is.
    er, well, I have three cats who like to hang out in the kitchen when I am in there. I have spasticity in my hands. sometimes I cook breakfast.......Hairy egg, gooey kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    my head hurts
    Mine too - it wasn't easy writing that post considering I was taking pain medication and sippin on some whiskey It may not even be coherent, and I was probably just posting because I was in pain, and felt like I'd take it out on Wisey
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Mine too - it wasn't easy writing that post considering I was taking pain medication and sippin on some whiskey It may not even be coherent, and I was probably just posting because I was in pain, and felt like I'd take it out on Wisey
    Here is hoping that somewhere between here and there, wherever you live, you can find a good massage therapist. Headaches are horrible, I hope you feel better now.

Thanks Mary. I'm doing well Hope life is treating you well, too.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    I'm still waiting for an answer to what a hairy egg is.
    A search on internet for "hairy egg" revealed the following interesting answers to the hairy egg question:

According to http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Phrases-and-
    Sayings/Question277243.html :

...I have, however, heard the phrase 'bald as an egg'...so clearly a lack of hair is a fundamental feature of eggishness! Thus, any egg claiming to be a hairy egg is a contradiction...ie it is lying about itself.
    ...I had thought that the phrase was unique to my Dad but found out on the net that its naval slang apparently. It does indeed mean to tell an untruth. My other theory was that maybe it was something to do with 'airy' eggs, and how they float indicating that they have gone bad... Or I may have just made that up...
    Here is a picture:

There is a song called "The Funktion of the Hairy Egg" by Nurse with Wound but I am afraid to listen to it. http://www.amazon.com/Funktion-Hairy-Egg/dp/B001AHJ0HQ

Finally, there is an example of how "hairy egg" should be used by a 12-year old from Cardiff: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ch...00/1765936.stm

You lie like a hairy egg
    You laugh like a drowning hippo
    Same goes big nose
    Sera, 12, Cardiff

people who eat hairy eggs get hair in their teeth

Quote Originally Posted by da lurker View Post
    people who eat hairy eggs get hair in their teeth
    Ewwww, Lurk....you almost make me glad for the peg tube!
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...