Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Dogs have owners, Cats have STAFF

I must be the most permissive cat mom ever. I gave up years ago trying to keep them off counters, as I had the feeling I was getting too exasperated and the cats merely found my barking orders amusing. They won. At least they are very shy around company and usually hide under the bed, so I rarely have a witness to their claim to any inch they desire. I do wash down the countertop constantly, but I have at least a few friends who would probably do the "eww, yuck" thing if they were to see them stretched out in all their glory on the counters!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I must be the most permissive cat mom ever. I gave up years ago trying to keep them off counters, as I had the feeling I was getting too exasperated and the cats merely found my barking orders amusing. They won. At least they are very shy around company and usually hide under the bed, so I rarely have a witness to their claim to any inch they desire. I do wash down the countertop constantly, but I have at least a few friends who would probably do the "eww, yuck" thing if they were to see them stretched out in all their glory on the counters!
    My oldest cat used to jump up on the counters, but as he's aged and arthritis has set in, it has become a non-issue. My youger cat (who has the physical ability to jump up there), thankfully, has never gotten into the habit!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Years ago, when we had 2 cats, and a new puppy, we started to feed the cats on the counter. I actually somehow ended up with a cat who knew he was only allowed on on 2 foot section of space!

This time around we feed the cats under the table. Feeding time involves a reacher to get the old late out, and then it is a bit like curling except without the ice!

I think the counter problem may be eclipsed by the indoor/outdoor cat question. The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days, and they keep trying to come out when I go. So far (we just got them in the fall) they have been only indoors.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Make your cat brood a game from the 1980's

It's not wack a mole it is whack-a- kitty in the box.

Dude the one in the bottom left corner ESCAPED!

Umm... am I the only one that finds that disburbing?

Just don't panic

TAM63- Just trying to keep it light heart-ed, not mean spirited. I do not condone clubbing your precious felines, but really jump on the PANIC CAT-A- STROPHIC concern (did the velocity of the baton disturb you)?

Here are a few of some tub time

Stalking from the blind side

I can almost hear the moans and hissing, meow!

Genetic Cloning

LOL now the tub is hilarious. We keep threatening my cat (who loves the tub) with a jacuzzi.

Re. the kittens in the box - the video plays a little slow, but I could indeed see they weren't hitting the kittens hard or hurting them. Still, I guess I believe the little things would feel trapped, and scared/distressed. So while I kinda get the humor, I'm afraid I still didn't really like to see it. But I'm a major animal softy.

Wasn't thinking anything bad about you personally

The cloning pic is just too funny!

Sjean, Jody..great pics..
    Last edited by med100; 03-23-2010 at 08:17 AM.