Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much will the full body scanners see?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I agree that in the US they do it badly, and in front of everyone staring. I was patted down by an agent not too long ago and it was way too personal. I tried to joke that we should now perhaps smoke a cigarrette together after that pat down. NEVER, EVER try to kid with a TSA employee. NO sense of humor, just a hostile stare. At the very least they could take us out of the public eye to do this search.
    I have always been asked if I want a private screening...so this surprises me that they did not give you that option.

I personally do not think they are consistent with how they screen disabled folks. Some make me remove my cushion from the chair so that it can be run through the scanner...some do not. Some ask me to remove my shoes...some do not. Some look in my pouch under my chair...some do not. There has to be some consistency here I would think.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Most of us here don't have any choise. They are patting us down at the airport and not very carefully. Especially in the US, they didn't do it in a nice way. The hands down in my panties in front of all the other passangers.

I don't like that at all. In Thailand they were much more polite, In Norway and Moscow something between and in Oslo they did ask me if we should go in another room.
    The have always asked me if I want a private area. The Nashville airport now has like a little both they take you in. And noone should ever stick their hand in you clothes, esp your panties. Where the hell was that?

However they do a terrible job no matter what. I have a baclofen pump. I am tiny and it is very obvious. Not once have I been asked what it was. If I felt that thing through clothes I would definitely be alarmed. Only once they checked my pouch and never my cishion. The shoe thing has varied.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Is it just me, or anyone else feel slightly de-sensitized to a naked body after:
    • 3 months of SCI rehab
    • numerous full bed baths
    • perhaps 15 people with their fingers up my butt
    • urology exams with electrodes on my testicles and in my butt
    • being cleaned up after another involuntary while in bed
    • having been given a bowel program in IC's from both my wife and my mother
    I am being silly of course.....but being seen naked in a grainy black and white picture no longer sends shivers of fear and embarassment down my spine....lol
    yup a little.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Most of us here don't have any choise. They are patting us down at the airport and not very carefully. Especially in the US, they didn't do it in a nice way. The hands down in my panties in front of all the other passangers.

I don't like that at all. In Thailand they were much more polite, In Norway and Moscow something between and in Oslo they did ask me if we should go in another room.
    I'm sad that they were so rude about it bente. no dignity. I am sorry you were treated that way on your visit to the u.s.a.

Wow, I have NEVER been offered a private screening. I am just usually pulled to one side of the hallway to be frisked. They are terribly inconsistent. My last flight I had a stainless steel thermos that I intentionally put in my carry on because I figured they would want me to pull it out and show them what it was. Stainless steel, meaning the x-rays only outlined the bottle, but it could have had anything inside. They were so busy almost laying under my chair and patting my butt that the thermos went through without a single question, which is pretty scary. It could have been loaded with explosives, but no one even thought of asking to see it. Yikes!

I have been offered everywhere I traveled except in Kansas City. I have flown maybe 10 times the past 2 years, counting return flights. I always wonder why they don't worry what is down in our tubing on the chairs.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I have been offered everywhere I traveled except in Kansas City. I have flown maybe 10 times the past 2 years, counting return flights. I always wonder why they don't worry what is down in our tubing on the chairs.
    About a million years ago in my old hippy days I use to know a guy who used a cane when he flew, and only when he flew. He was perfectly AB, so one time when I heard him talking about "the cane" I finally asked what was up with that.....to which he replied the entire tubing was stuffed with marijuana. No one thought of explosives in those days, but he had already figured out how to get grass through customs, so you are right in wondering why they aren't worried about tubing, although I would much prefer that they do not disassemble my chair just to check!

I don't remember, it was not in Nashville so it must have been in Philadephia on the way home. And they did look inside my cushion too. I had to sit on another chair. And shoes off. And I was nearly late for the plane and half the people were on the plane when I came. They nearly forgot my computer too. Ok, it was a cheap trip but I didn't like the US Airways too much.

But it was not as bad as Moscow where they wanted me to take the steps three floors down, no lift. LOL, in the end they had to drag my chair down all the stairs and up again into the plane. They wanted me to walk down and they only understood Russian.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Judge for yourself

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/c...gh_powers.html
    Kaya Special Optics now gives you Superman-like powers, specifically the famed X-ray vision, in the form of the new Infrared See-through Filter PF. Able to penetrate an object's surface, it actually allows you to see what's underneath.

Of course, you also know that this will come with all sorts of regulations - I doubt if they'll ever allow you to use it on the streets. The 52mm PF4, when used with a compatible camcorder (or any CCD for that matter) allows you to create a See-Through system.

Check out the image below when PF4 is used on a digital camera's CCD. The results are unbelievable. I bet this thing will be banned in several countries in the days to come. Details at Kaya Optics and here.
    ex1_1.gif Kaya Optics 52mm PF4 Filter

May be the genie has already left the bottle.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I remember, Sony I think, had to pull a bunch of their video cameras off the shelf years ago because the IR night vision saw through clothes.

My only concern with full body imaging is turning on the operator so much they start stalking me.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.