Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats up with the log in?

Thanks Wise. I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Some hacker recently put inserted some lines into the server but that has been fixed and the loophole was closed. I don't think that this is the cause of the log in problem. The most common cause of the problem that you are describing is a corrupted cooky.

May I suggest that you clear the cache in your browser and also any cookies related to sci.rutgers.edu on your browser. Go back and login and tell the site to remember you. This will place the appropriate cookie into your browser so that it will automatically log you in.

Wise.
    ok, I will delete cookies. thank you.

I am using internet explorer. I deleted browser history by clicking tools, and deleteing that way. still am not able to log on without first trying to post and then going through the you are not logged on form.

Just hit refresh

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I am using internet explorer. I deleted browser history by clicking tools, and deleteing that way. still am not able to log on without first trying to post and then going through the you are not logged on form.
    jody, the reason that you are having all these problems is because your internet explorer is unable to detect the changes in your page and simply showed what was in its cache memory. The solution, as Them Bones pointed out, is to refresh your page which forces the browser to download the login page in its entirety. But you have to do that every time you log into the page. The other solution is for people to click the "remember me" box under the login. This way, the web site automatically logs you in whenever you go the web site. This way, you will not encounter the problem that you have having when logging in. Wise.

the remember me button I always click. does not work lately. I am able to get on though by trying to post and using the you are not logged in form. so far that is all that is working. since that is working I'm OK with that. What browser should I use to avoid this problem? Thank you for your reply by the way.

Give Firefox a try. Good luck.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/switch.html
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Cleaning cookies worked for me; good luck, Jody.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    the remember me button I always click. does not work lately. I am able to get on though by trying to post and using the you are not logged in form. so far that is all that is working. since that is working I'm OK with that. What browser should I use to avoid this problem? Thank you for your reply by the way.
    Firefox is a good browser and seems to work well with the site on the Mac. I use a Mac and therefore don't have much experience with recent versions of Firefox on Windows but believe that it works pretty much the same way. I have tried all available Mac browsers on our site and everyone seems to work, including:
    • Bumpercar 2
    • Firefox
    • Flock
    • Opera
    • Safari

and others. For example, I am posting this using bumpercar.

Wise.