Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with old cushions

What to do with old cushions

Make cat beds. They fight over the ride forward, they love the memory foam. This is why the white kitty is angry. He doesn't care for the J2 gel.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

LOL .... my cats are afraid of my roho .... guess it is the moon-walk effect?

(probably just as well .... considering they have claws!)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I was cleaning out my closet and set those on the table. Next thing you know the table is a giant cat bed. Ever since I got the dog the cats think it is okay to get on the table to get away from her.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

My cats love my tempuric mattress. And if I am in bed one is in my bed and the other one in my chair.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Thats so cute! I was thinking about a pet bed as I was opening this. Animal lovers are the best <3

I wonder if the Cats claws could punction the Jay gel cushion? Not talking about the old one as it doesnt matter but one that is being used? Never really thought about that much, maybe the membrane is too thick.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I wonder if the Cats claws could punction the Jay gel cushion? Not talking about the old one as it doesnt matter but one that is being used? Never really thought about that much, maybe the membrane is too thick.
    How long does the Jay gel stay viable? Anyone know? I'm trying to think how long I've had a Jay I use, and I swear it must be 8 or 9 years...is this normal? Does the gel break down?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I'd send this to the cushion co.
    It's amazing!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    How long does the Jay gel stay viable? Anyone know? I'm trying to think how long I've had a Jay I use, and I swear it must be 8 or 9 years...is this normal? Does the gel break down?
    I think they will last however long if you take care of them. My first Jay cushion lasted about 8 years, it got a hole and once ya get a hole ya have to trash em.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I was cleaning out my closet and set those on the table. Next thing you know the table is a giant cat bed. Ever since I got the dog the cats think it is okay to get on the table to get away from her.
    Years ago, we fed out cat on the counter, to keep the food from the dog. That cat actually knew he was only allowed on the very end section of the counter, and never went further (that I knew of, LOL).

So far, the kittens we have now aren't being allowed up there. (The key words here are that they are not allowed to go on the counter or table, not that they don;t go up there anyway! LOL)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005