Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: interesting news about stem cell success by a Jordanian team

Dr. Young, that is the best new I have heard in a while. I'm planning a visit there too.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I just accepted an invitation to go to Jordan to a meeting that they are holding there on May 28-29. I will report back on what I see there. Wise.
    Great.

Thanks for accepting wise.

And thanks to Al-Zoubi for this initiative.

can somebody give a short translation of this clip?
    regards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTSWr...eature=related

alipur,

This was on one of the most famous channels in the Middle East [mBC]... It's talking about how the procedure in Jordan is considered to be one of the most effective and and safest therapies around the world right now. The girl in the video had a complete injury [paraplegic] and she started recovering after nine months of the procedure. She regained feelings in her legs and is walking on crutches.

Dr. Wise is going to Jordan on the 28th of May to meet with doctors and see some results.
    Let's hope he reports some positive news.

Barmada
    Thank you very much, hope to hear good news soon.

If they have successfully treated hundreds of people as they claim then why is there only one patient walking in the video.

No one has revealed this female patients ASIA classification prior to treatment. It's not clear to how long she has had SCI prior to treatment. Lastly, there is a good chance this is a remylination strategy, which will limit the amount of recovery, and even exclude many from realizing any potential recovery. Hopefully there is more to this than meets the eye.

This forum has been exposed to things like this before, so I suggest being cautious with any expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    If they have successfully treated hundreds of people as they claim then why is there only one patient walking in the video.
    I think somebody els has uploaded the clip and not the clinic, how u know that they have treated more peoples, is there any information available about this treathment?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    No one has revealed this female patients ASIA classification prior to treatment. It's not clear to how long she has had SCI prior to treatment. Lastly, there is a good chance this is a remylination strategy, which will limit the amount of recovery, and even exclude many from realizing any potential recovery. Hopefully there is more to this than meets the eye.

This forum has been exposed to things like this before, so I suggest being cautious with any expectations.
    why remylination will limit the amount of recovery?
    Dr. young can u please give us some more information about remylination?
    regards

alipur,

Use the "search" feature. You will more than find the answer to your question. This has been discussed many times.