Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tobacco Use Cessation and SCI

Although essentially a non-smoker, for years I enjoyed a good cigar (I never inhaled). Some years ago, I felt after the last one that my body was saying "this is not a good idea". Ever since I have had no problem with abstaining, although I sometimes feel a little nostalgic.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

?

forget the nicotine. Drink lots of coffee and smoke only pot. YOu'll kick da habit

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    forget the nicotine. Drink lots of coffee and smoke only pot. YOu'll kick da habit
    Pot has its downsides too... I wouldn't use one drug to fix your habit of another, just becomes a vicious cycle..

I quit smoking 4 years ago but it still calls my name from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggs View Post
    Pot has its downsides too... I wouldn't use one drug to fix your habit of another, just becomes a vicious cycle..
    What bad can pot do? Unless killing your budget if you need to buy...

Nicotine gum?

[QUOTE=SCI-Nurse;1147815]Smoking and the use of other tobacco products (snuff, chewing tobacco, etc.) is one of the most unhealthy habits possible for a person with SCI.

Hi, I successfully quit smoking by using nicotine gum; however, I've gotten hooked on that now. Is this equally bad on bone health as smoking? Please let me know - I will quit for sure if yes...even though it helps me "get through" stuff...
    Thanks!!

blah blah blah :-)

"You can die drinking a glass of water, but has that ever stopped you from being thirsty?" That was my grandfather's favorite saying and it really make sense. Don't get me wrong I'm not being a fool in saying that smoking is good for you. I know that smoking isn't good for you, but the worst thing for any person to in my imagination is to walk around like chicken Little thinking about what can fall on them next.
    Mark Twain: Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't"

What is gone before is gone. All you have now are the results of your actions.

Anti--Intellectualism is been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notionthat democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge - Isaac Asimov

I also got hooked on Nicorette also when I quit. Does the gum affect circulation the same as cigarettes?

Quote Originally Posted by pukkap View Post
    I also got hooked on Nicorette also when I quit. Does the gum affect circulation the same as cigarettes?
    Yes.

(KLD)

I just wonder what the research says about vaping (electronic cigarette)? I do know if I smoke a real cigarette my body's nerve pain is a 100! I am in so much pain it is absolutely krazy. So that right there tells me I am not suppose to be smoking. But i have went to vaping instead.

Kimmie
    T3-T4