Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a problem again--bear with me, this is a long post

alan, let me make sure I understand this...

what happened to me, could happen again and it wouldn't necessarily mean I had a virus the next time? So, I guess I should run the House Call periodically (especially if I get another email like that) and probably update my virus protector, because it must be outdated. That's really all I can do for protection right? Thanks!

I should stay off the computer and start playing with sticks and rocks again!

I went through this too. If you check your outgoing mail and you don't see any mail going out to the addresses in the Mailer Daemon's you are being "spoofed". It's a "non-malicious" virus thing just annoying as hell. With AOL, open the email (not an attached file, there shouldn't be one) ad forward to TOSReport and continue forwarding them until they go away. AOL tracks down the spoofer and then prosecutes them if possible.

Of course if you have AOL your address is on every spammers database in the world now. Do I believe them when they say our credit card information wasn't compromised? Not by a long shot. AOLers, keep a sharp eye on your credit card bills for the next few months.

Thanks Sue! This makes me feel better because my outgoing mail is fine, nothing weird sent out. Thank goodness!! Carol

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton:

I went through this too. If you check your outgoing mail and you don't see any mail going out to the addresses in the Mailer Daemon's you are being "spoofed". It's a "non-malicious" virus thing just annoying as hell. With AOL, open the email (not an attached file, there shouldn't be one) ad forward to TOSReport and continue forwarding them until they go away. AOL tracks down the spoofer and then prosecutes them if possible.

Of course if you have AOL your address is on every spammers database in the world now. Do I believe them when they say our credit card information wasn't compromised? Not by a long shot. AOLers, keep a sharp eye on your credit card bills for the next few months.
    Yha unfortunately, AOL is the easiest mail/chat system to hack, and one of the more popular one used

most probably you have received a virus. go to norton anti virus and run a scan on your records. I believe its www. norton.com