Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: skiid first time sunday

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Ah ok I had to go back and read what happened lol. It does look fun, I gotta try it once before I die lol.
    im hooked. annalisa is going to get on a snowboard next season. want to get her skiing w/ me so we can take a trip out west skiing. and im bogo, she skis free w/ me
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Yeah, most of the resorts will charge us about half price and allow a "helper" to ski free.

All the sudden I'm more popular to ski with! (As long as they get to ski for free!)

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by dylankrapf View Post
    I went for the first time this past weekend, and I had a blast! I had the biggest grin on my face the whole time, even though I couldn't feel it. I've snowboarded most of my life, so it was easy for me to pick up. I've been missing the feeling of carving down the slopes so bad this past year, and I'm so happy I have something to fulfill that feeling. My instructor was great, and I was going down untethered the second run. He says I'm a natural and I should pursue competing... I'm just wondering how I could get sponsored so I don't have to shell out the ~3500 for the ski. Any thoughts?

Can't wait to go again this weekend!

Here's a pic

Attachment 33598
    I'm so psyched that the ski season is here! Going this weekend! Had to search on here to see if anyone else has been up on the slopes yet. Ran across your post.

Two suggestions:
    - Contact the Challenged Athletes Foundation. I know a lot of skiiers who get sponsored by them.
    - Keep in contact with your local adaptive ski school. Take lessons. Learn everything they can teach. Then, see if they will sponsor you, either to race, or to help them by mentoring new skiiers. This is what I did, and the adaptive ski program let me use their equipment until I decided I NEEDED my own fully-personalized, tricked-out gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpatrick View Post
    I'm so psyched that the ski season is here! Going this weekend! Had to search on here to see if anyone else has been up on the slopes yet. Ran across your post.
    Sorry "kevinpatrick" but the post you read by "dylankrapf" was 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM. (I do this all the time, forget to check the post date) Hope the slopes are good this year!!!

All the best,
    GJ

Did a road trip last week to Utah and Colorado. I'm waiting for snow here in Boise, but have 5 days in so far. Crested butte, Colorado has been the best so far!!

Pat