Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put your lifts away when you park......PLEASE!

Put your lifts away when you park......PLEASE!

You know.... we bitch about AB's taking "our" parking and motorcycles parked in the hash marks, but never police ourselves. Please put your lifts away when parking. Two spaces often share the same access aisle and all you do is make it difficult for the next gimp to get in or out- wheelchair lift or door unload.

My .02
    Dave

It doesn't matter if you park with a five acre clearance. I know you are talking about courtesy. But I've had my lift out in an empty parking lot an it got ran over by an acquaintance. Never give the other guy too much credit on "thinking" ... I'm a firm believer.

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    You know.... we bitch about AB's taking "our" parking and motorcycles parked in the hash marks, but never police ourselves. Please put your lifts away when parking. Two spaces often share the same access aisle and all you do is make it difficult for the next gimp to get in or out- wheelchair lift or door unload.

My .02
    I know what you mean, man.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

I never leave my ramp hanging out, mostly cause I know some fool would run it over, and that would be after someone else cleaned out anything of value from the van itself!

Ramp

I dont know why you would wont to leave it out doesn't that leave your vehicle open to the public???
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    I dont know why you would wont to leave it out doesn't that leave your vehicle open to the public???
    I don't know "why" people do it- maybe to keep cars or cycles from parking there, but it happens a lot, especially at pharmacy's where they're only "gonna be a minute" Isn't that what the AB's say when they take our spaces too LOL
    Dave

Asking why people do anything is dangerous territory :-p

I was beside my lift getting ready to put it up after I got out in a parking lot. The lift was on the rear of my van. Some idiot ran over the end of it, gawking at me instead of watching where he was going. He never stopped. A similar thing happened at a hospital. A taxi tried to squeeze between my lift and a curb and ran over the end of the lift. At least he stopped. If I left my lift hanging out, I am sure it would be gone when I returned.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I don't see that as often as I see people who have bumper mounted scooter lifts leaving them in the down position, perfect for running over and puncturing tires or tripping those with low vision. Very inconsiderate.

(KLD)

My vehicle is a mad max prototype and the spikes keep them vermits usually atleast a hubcap distance away .