Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic fun with a Chainsaw

Paraplegic fun with a Chainsaw

I wish I could have a dollar for everytime I hear a wheelchair user utter in exasperation "man, I sure wish I could use a chainsaw again...!!!"

Well, in answer to this ongoing problem I set out to see exactly what might happen when a paraplegic and gas-powered chainsaw are combined.

Please check out my youtube in case you are tempted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7hRGi3nSSU

...if you found this useful you might like to check out the first tests in the garage...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHaho02kM8

What do I miss most? My CHAINSAW! RRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr. MEN! lolol

j/k of course - I must admit, chainsaws are kinda cool. I was cutting up a top half of a tree that fell and burning it last fall - and I felt positively..... macho *blushes*

My friend is much easier to please - she got really excited and felt tough over the hand-held jigsaw. Amateur.

Seriously, cool video - bet all the girls are gonna drool over your accent

I've used one a few times. I sat on the ground and it worked fine.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream View Post
    I've used one a few times. I sat on the ground and it worked fine.

??!! dammit...and I thought I was the first....grrrr

Good stuff! That Walgreen's first aid kit probably won't "cut" it in an emergency though. LOL
    Dave

Yes, that is quite an interesting first aid kit for chainsaw injuries.

Cleared my 2 acres many years ago when the old E&J folders were the lightweight chairs to own. I would cut the tree and then try to skeedaddle before it fell on me, sometimes leaving the saw in the cut. Got hung up a few times with branches. Man, I cringe when I think of what could have happened. I cut, trimmed the branches and split the wood. Course I was just a city boy back then who moved out to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Cleared my 2 acres many years ago when the old E&J folders were the lightweight chairs to own. I would cut the tree and then try to skeedaddle before it fell on me, sometimes leaving the saw in the cut. Got hung up a few times with branches. Man, I cringe when I think of what could have happened. I cut, trimmed the branches and split the wood. Course I was just a city boy back then who moved out to the country.

Wow - 2 acres?!. I'm sticking with smaller trees for now. I'm making a sort of grabbing hook to tow the fallen trees out of the way.

You really do have to think ahead with each move; be read to get out of the way, be ready to jettison the saw, know where the kill switch is without looking etc.

still, it is good fun....

I used a tow hook to drag them, just loop it around and hook. I'd drag the log to the fire pit and saw it there so I could have a stack close to the fire. Definitely had to be mindful not of sawing off a leg! Keep an eye where the eject goes too, I ended up with one leg soaked with oil.
    Andrew

I've been through Georgia many,many times.I've never heard a Georgia drawl quite like that! Although, I guess it makes sense.Georgia was named in honor of King George II.