Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 year anniversary... :(

Question 6 year anniversary... :(

Well, tomorrow is the day.......

I never thought I would be "celebrating" my 6 year anniversary with an SCI. To make this anniversary even worse, I don't have my beloved baby Bandit to make it better ! What am I going to do to get through tomorrow?? I'm really worried!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

know that many are wishing you courage and strength at this hard time in your life.

((hugs)) Becky. Wish you were closer so we could take you to dinner .... You will make it. I have faith!!

Sorry Becky. I know you miss your puppy. I don't know what to say.
    We love you and we're glad you're here 6 yrs after your sci.
    Praying you'll see many, many more sweetie. {hugs} Mona

Hi Becky. I hope you know how many people here are thinking about you today and wishing you better days ahead. Your grief is natural, and a tribute to your ability to love. When I lost my cat of 18 years I cried for the longest time, and I still have his picture where I can see it despite now having two of the most wonderful furry girls imaginable that I got from a shelter not too long after my cat died.
    I do think the hardest part of SCI is the first five years or so, so you have made it through the hardest part, and for that I will say congratualations.

Sorry it's a difficult day Becky. I'm glad mine comes in the summer, winter anny's must be especially hard. This will be your roughest surely b/c of Bandit's loss. Another pet will never replace the previous one but I think adopting a new one asap helps the grieving process. Maybe that's what you should do today.

Thanks everyone! I know I am statistically past the roughest anniversary years which makes me happy. I actually was planning on throwing myself a party this past summer when the date rolled around but with everything that has happened in the last week it feels like its my first anniversary all over again.

Thanks so much for all of your love and support!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

It will be 33 years on 08/26 for me

I also run a 501 non-profit dog rescue for the last 10 years. We lost 3 of our own old doggies last year. It's hard but you keep going forward. Simba was my bestest buddie
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

So many rescuers on here! Thats GREAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
    I also run a 501 non-profit dog rescue for the last 10 years. We lost 3 of our own old doggies last year. It's hard but you keep going forward. Simba was my bestest buddie

Becky,

I'm going to ask you a sincere question in a funny way to try to make you laugh a little: Do you have any people in your personal life who aren't assholes?

I can't but notice that most of your threads are filled with despondent cries and grief-stricken urgencies. I hate to think you're alone and dealing with all this in your head. There is no shame in needing or wanting help. Are medical psychotherapies available to you? I definitely think you should find a compassionate, yet mindful doctor who will listen to you and know what to do to help you.

Wishing you a better 2010, at least until May, when the world ends, honey.