Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overly sensitive?

I agree with you all, she obviously is more disabled than anyone she talks about.

As we all know, not all disabilities are physical.

She sounds very insecure and puts others down to bring herself up.
    She has something about herself she doesn't like and is afraid others see it.
    Best defense is offense.
    I'd stay clear of her. She needs to learn respect.
    Don't be upset with yourself for not saying more.
    You took the high road Eileen. {hugs} Mona

No. I don;t think you were being too sensitive, but saying anything to her would have had the same effect as talking to the furniture. So don;t feel you were being a moral coward either.

Sorry it put a pall over your evening. And like Betheny says ..... Karma is going to come as quite a shock to her!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Exactly. What goes around comes around!

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    Some people really don't know what love is or the value of it. If you love someone truly, you don't care what they look like and in fact if someone I loved had had a stroke and lived you would see me glomming onto them every chance I got. Life is fleeting and one stroke can lead to another leaving you without the love of your life in an instant.
    Agreed. I can't believe how superficial some people are. I want to be attracted to my potential mate like everyone else, but if he were ever injured, it wouldn't change how much I loved him and how beautiful physically he can still be in my eyes.

You were not overly sensitive to what she said. It was rude.

That woman might be someone to whom you might toss a casual nod as you pass to check your mail, but that might be the extent of any contact with her in the future.

You cannot control stupid, insensitive people, but you can limit contact with such creatures. Unless she has a karmic revelation, I would find another party next New Year's Eve or throw my own. =)

Sometimes you gotta "get down with the dogs" Eileen, I would have told that witch "Duhhhh, like Dick would want to kiss your funked up mouth" give her a little taste of her own poison lets see how she digs that.

Eileen, do you think I should cross her off my list of potential lovers then? Dick Clark looks a hell of a lot better than I do now. <----- recent pic of me.

Sometimes people say the dumbest things...you just wonder where the insensitivity comes from. I had a (one-time) nurse who never looked me in the eye, and talked out loud all the time she was here. She was suctioning me, and she said "I bet he used to be good looking ". She will never know how lucky she is that I can no longer make a fist.

As it has been said, it is a long road without a turn in it...Karma will get her,
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Mark - I can't believe that! Rude wench!

I would avoid her Eileen. Best revenge is revoking your great company!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks everybody. You actually did make me feel a lot better about my emotional reaction to what this woman said, and also the fact that I did not say anything back to her. I did just pass her a few moments ago as I went down to do laundry, but instead of talking I said I was cold (true) and was going upstairs to make tea. Clearly I need a break from her.
    MarkPals....yep, you can cross her off your list of potential lover's, but only because you deserve so much better than this bit of superficiality!
    I agree with you Todd that it would not matter, nor should it matter, if someone you love has a problem that affects their appearance. I am always in shock at people who do not think likewise. The gift of love is, ideally, for all time, unshakeable and constant. I had a cousin who went through breast cancer a few years ago and would not let her own husband see her without her wig on. I kept my mouth wisely shut, but have wondered what sort of marriage it must be if her very own husband had to be protected from her being temporarilly hairless.