Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone heard of xcell-center

anyone heard of xcell-center

xcell-center.com

they do stem cell outta germany. seems pretty legit.

anyone?
    I CAN MAKE YOU BLUEPRINTS OF ANYTHING YOU WANT.

PM ME

www.4th-gen-civic.com- EF Civic + CRX Resource + Forum

ooooo

read all those posts.

in my eyes if theirs even a small chance it will work and you just hate on it and talk negatively you've given up. 1 in a 1000 chance is better than 0. it's just money. if it may work and improve your quality of life go for it. or don't and sit your stuborn ass in your chair for eternity. atleast you could say you tried.
    I CAN MAKE YOU BLUEPRINTS OF ANYTHING YOU WANT.

PM ME

www.4th-gen-civic.com- EF Civic + CRX Resource + Forum

'It's just money' sounds good if you have tons of it. Some of us don't have the luxury of trying numerous different therapies around the world due to not having enough 'just money.' Some of us have money enough for one or two, and we're looking for better odds than 1/1000. Sure, we could get it and say we tried, then we'd be screwed for a better, proven treatment coming down the pike.

I'm not sure who you addressed your post to, unless it was everyone at CC. Best of luck if you go to XCell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ef-jordan View Post
    read all those posts.

in my eyes if theirs even a small chance it will work and you just hate on it and talk negatively you've given up. 1 in a 1000 chance is better than 0. it's just money. if it may work and improve your quality of life go for it. or don't and sit your stuborn ass in your chair for eternity. atleast you could say you tried.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

overseas;ahead of USA

x-xell has a web site and some data; I think Wise has spoken about inthe past. I know of an individual from Carmichaels Pa who is raising money for her upcaoming trip. Cost about 35k and plane fare. Lady has been paralyzed for about 10+years. Hey it's a shot;maybe if overseas shows some promise' the US will follow suit absent rats and piegions.
    I wish the lady all the luck in the world for improvemnts.

I second RDF !!! Many here have tried and I know of none going from Asia A to ????

Quote Originally Posted by ef-jordan View Post
    read all those posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate's blog from W2W '09
    what happens if you put the undifferentiated stem cells into an injured cord? they turn into scar tissue.

people, this is why you don't want to take a chance on letting someone put stem cells into your cord.
    SOURCE

There's a lot more to consider than just being worth the money.

It seems like a good chance to discuss probability and why going for a therapy that has a 1:1000 chance of succeeding is not a good idea. Treatment for spinal cord injury should not be like trying to get a jackpot from a slot machine or buying a lottery ticket. Let me explain using the 1:1000 chance number.

The 1:1000 chance is actually less than doing nothing. If we were to do a poll of all people with chronic spinal cord injury and asked which person recovered some function without receiving any therapy, you will find that more than 1 out of 1000 people will tell you that they have recovered significant function.

Therapies are not without risk or complication. Almost all surgery and therapeutic procedures have at least 1-4% incidence of complication from the treatment. If there is a 1:1000 chance of benefit, the benefit to risk ration is pretty bad. You have 10-40 times greater chance of having a complication than getting an y benefit.

Think of it in another way. Suppose you have a broken car and you want to get it fixed. Would you go to a garage that is able to fix only 1 out of 1000 cars that it tries to fix? No way. I don't think that you would or should consider doing that to your body. It is not only a waste of money but a risk to your body.

Wise.

Dr. wise , Then what is your opinion on growth hormone treatment?