Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NSC Therapy Project, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post
    Ken Bryant will be coming to Morgantown, WV to work with my son on the third or fourth week in February. Is there anyone interested in coming there for treatment. You would have to make arrangements with Mr. Bryant, yourself. His number is 727 204-2905. It is less expensive to share costs.
    Thank you,
    Mary Jane

I just joined this site. Did your son have the procedure yet? If not I am interested in joining you. My husband was paralyzed last September. Thanks, Kerri

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post
    Yep, Manouli, that's him. When I spoke with him he said he had had 80 paralyzed patients with 100% of them recovering some sensory and function. Then it is up to the patient to use the muscles that are awakened to build strength and mobility. I didn't know whether to believe it or not, but I am going to have Mr. Bryan come to Health South Rehab facility- if they will let him do it there-if not we'll do it somewhere else in Morgantown, WV in Feb., 2010. The price goes down if there is another person who wants to use the therapy. Is there anybody reading this who would want to come to the Morgantown, WV area to have Ken "turn on" his nerves during the same week as my son so that we can split some of the cost of his coming here? If you are interested please email me through this site.

Ken's website is: http://www.nsctherapyproject.com

Thank you,
    Mary Jane
    Hi Mary,

Just wanted to ask if you ever tried this therapy, and if so, any results?

Thanks,
    CA.

friends please, this a scam.... dont waste money on this scam

Quote Originally Posted by mv740 View Post
    friends please, this a scam.... dont waste money on this scam
    A scam?
    Can you please elaborate what makes you come up to this conclusion.......

Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by challenged athlete View Post
    Hi Mary,

Just wanted to ask if you ever tried this therapy, and if so, any results?

Thanks,
    CA.
    Hi, I was going to reply right away after my son and I came back from the NSC Therapy, but thought I would wait until after the Doctor at Kennedy Kreiger evaluated Nick. All of that has been done and here's how I see it..

We went Ken Bryant's therapy sessions for approximately one and one-half hours a day for 5 days. He came to our hotel for two extra sessions in the pool-where Nick's progress seemed most visible.

Ken Bryant, the therapist, started by asking Nick, what he could do, he is a T5 complete para. He started each day with about a 10 minute quick-paced, light rub at Nick's inner heal and then worked with one leg and one muscle group at a time, isolating it and getting Nick to concentrate on that muscle, first moving his leg a few times for him then getting Nick to engage the muscle in the movement without help. I could never see the movement, but I could on occassion feel slight contraction of Nick's muscles-the quads mostly, less so for the abductors and adductors. Also Nick's hamstrings which we tried later seem to be most strong of the muscle groups. The contraction is so light, except with the hamstrings that, now, I'm not really sure what I was feeling. What Ken says he does is to sort of jump-start the flow with static electricity or whatever it is, he doesn't have an explanation, and the client HAS to increase that muscle strengyth or this will not work. So it is very important that Nick practice and practice as much as he can to increase his muscle strength. This is also the reason I am having a hard time talking about the actual sucess of the NSC Therapy -because, the sucess is not realized until the work of increasing muscle strength is continued for several weeks. Mr. Bryant realizes this, and is adding exercise machines to his practice so that clients can actually see movements and be more inclined to keep up their exercises.

He had just bought an exercise bike and we had to hold Nick's feet on the pedals, but if I brought Nick's leg around to the top, he could press down enough to move the pedals on the downward swing-Ken on the other side would do it for his alternating leg. Also before going to Florida, Nick could do a sit up on an incline only with the weight of a weighted ball. On Wed. he could do a sit up from an incline under his shoulders and back without a counterweight.

Thurs. Nick went in the pool with Ken and his assistant. Ken gave him an inner tube for under his arms, and weights for his feet (so they wouldn't flop around or float) and told him to raise his thigh, which he did- and put it down which he did- then his other foot. He actually took four controlled steps in the pool with noone holding any part of him or his inner tube. He repeated this on Sat.-when he and Ken got in the pool again. This was remarkable and in no way was manipulated by anyone or anything or gravity.

Now we're on our own. Ken has checked back with us and is available for encouragement and information.
    It is up to Nick and he has a hard time putting in the work-like Ken says, he wished he could get everyone together to support each other as a group.

Nick's comment is that he would advise anyone trying this therapy to try to isolate and move each group of muscles, try the pool with weights on your legs before going so you can compare before and after. Honestly, I wouldn't say none, but very little of his PT therapy for 2 and 1/2 years since his accident has had him concentrate effort in trying to move an isolated muscle, and that was what Ken did after doing the pulsating movements that he does. Oh, yeah, Nick would get "pins and needles" sensation that he could feel go up his leg during the stimulation part of the sessions.

Now, Kennedy Kreiger...Dr. Becker there gave Nick his same Aisa B score that he had last year. But when I asked him to feel the hamstrings-they were the strongest-he said that they were not a part of the scoring. He didn't say much about the therapy nor did he test for muscle flexion that was not strong enough to move the limb, but did recommend water therapy and resumming estim at home. He said that probably the hip flexors, which Nick discovered he had last year, moved the leg in the water. The hip flexors were a little stronger this time.

Now for the work....
    Last edited by Mary Jane; 06-18-2010 at 09:15 PM.

people please dont waste money on this.. save your money

Don´t save your money. ¡Donate for research!

people please dont waste money on this.. save your money
    mv740, it is not out of the realms of possibility that reflexology could help some people - so I wouldnt blindly write it off as a scam. Acupuncture and massage is already incorporated in many therapy programs - so why not reflexology?

i tried to help.. but if you want to waste your money on some therapy that has not been proven to help people than its up to you.. even if it helps its such a small difference that it doesnt make any differnce....

i tried to help.. but if you want to waste your money on some therapy that has not been proven to help people than its up to you.. even if it helps its such a small difference that it doesnt make any differnce....
    I might be wrong but I dont think Ken Bryant charges more than any other reflexologist? I would be much more worried about the amount of patients that are visiting NuTech Mediworld and Beike Biotech and spending huge sums.