Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NSC Therapy Project, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post
    Thanks, XYNaPSE, I looked for a post you may have made about NSC earlier but couldn't find anything. When did you go to Ken Bryant and what level is your injury? Complete or Incomplete? How much sensation and how much function? And was it a remarkable sort of improvement? Anything you experienced would be helpful to me. I am doing this on faith alone. And of course everyone around me is afraid that I would be wasting money. Oh, and were your improvements permanent?
    Mary Jane
    Here is what I wrote about it. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...869#post876869

It's pretty hard to describe my experiences with it but I did experience an overall improvement and I'm going to go back when my schedule permits. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kim, I have asked two of Ken Bryant's patients and they say results are permanent if you work the muscles that respond. The sensation is almost immediate according to them. They say they feel a flash or spark or something run up the nerve in the first or second session. Then he stands them on parallel bars and Ken says 100% of the patients stand. From there they work with their PT to build muscle strength and movement. The one person I talked with today said he used the pool as part of his exercise regiimn (SP?) and can take steps in the water.

Are you near the mid-atlantic states? I am inbetween DC and Pittsburg and am hoping he will come here for sessions. Let me know if you are close because he will often work with up to 4 people in an area for 5 days at a reduced cost.

Thanks XYNaPSE How are you functioning now? Have you been working and do you still have the sensations that you had from the
    session(s)? It was unclear to me, did you get an movement?
    Last edited by Mary Jane; 01-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Kim, I have asked two of Ken Bryant's patients and they say results are permanent if you work the muscles that respond. The sensation is almost immediate according to them. They say they feel a flash or spark or something run up the nerve in the first or second session. Then he stands them on parallel bars and Ken says 100% of the patients stand. From there they work with their PT to build muscle strength and movement. The one person I talked with today said he used the pool as part of his exercise regiimn (SP?) and can take steps in the water.

Are you near the mid-atlantic states? I am inbetween DC and Pittsburg and am hoping he will come here for sessions. Let me know if you are close because he will often work with up to 4 people in an area for 5 days at a reduced cost.

Thanks XYNaPSE How are you functioning now? Have you been working and do you still have the sensations that you had from the
    session(s)? It was unclear to me, did you get an movement?
    Yes i still have sensations and I get new sensations at times. Some days are better than others.

Recently I had minor surgery to my foot. very very painful. The thing is, I have had numbness on my feet for a decade. However the novocaine needle was extremely painful. terrible. and the surgery site is still very tender. I have noticed that I have feeling. light touch feeling. I mentioned this to the dermatologist that I now have feeling on the bottom of my foot that had been numb for ten years. total feeling. He said that is not the first time one of his patients have had that happen. I do not have added muscle strength, but complete sensitivity where there had been no feeling. I'm thinking the needles woke my foot up. I still have nerve pain though, and sometimes it feels like the surgery site is fresh. very painful, but I can feel the ground under me now, and it has not gone back to numb in the least. I can even be tickled on my foot now. I thought about jabbing my other foot where it is numb to see if it will wake up too, and would have except the little surgery site has turned into a pressure sore, don't want sores on both feet so won't. this post is not so far out though, may be something to this.

.................................................. .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    Recently I had minor surgery to my foot. very very painful. The thing is, I have had numbness on my feet for a decade. However the novocaine needle was extremely painful. terrible. and the surgery site is still very tender. I have noticed that I have feeling. light touch feeling. I mentioned this to the dermatologist that I now have feeling on the bottom of my foot that had been numb for ten years. total feeling. He said that is not the first time one of his patients have had that happen. I do not have added muscle strength, but complete sensitivity where there had been no feeling. I'm thinking the needles woke my foot up. I still have nerve pain though, and sometimes it feels like the surgery site is fresh. very painful, but I can feel the ground under me now, and it has not gone back to numb in the least. I can even be tickled on my foot now. I thought about jabbing my other foot where it is numb to see if it will wake up too, and would have except the little surgery site has turned into a pressure sore, don't want sores on both feet so won't. this post is not so far out though, may be something to this.
    Jody, if a pain procedure did "awaken" sensory function, it may have been a result of inflammation. Peripheral inflammation has been shown to stimulate regrowth of axons in the peripheral nerve and spinal cord. I am not sure that pain alone does it.

Wise.

Ken Bryant will be coming to Morgantown, WV to work with my son on the third or fourth week in February. Is there anyone interested in coming there for treatment. You would have to make arrangements with Mr. Bryant, yourself. His number is 727 204-2905. It is less expensive to share costs.
    Thank you,
    Mary Jane

Ken Bryant will be coming to Morgantown, WV to work with my son on the third or fourth week in February. Is there anyone interested in coming there for treatment. You would have to make arrangements with Mr. Bryant, yourself. His number is 727 204-2905. It is less expensive to share costs.
    Thank you,
    Mary Jane
    Mary,

Do you know what the cost is?

Thnx.
    every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

Luigi,
    I wrote you a message privately.
    Mary

Anyone from Houston area interested in this nerve awaking therapy?

I have talked to Ken about coming down to the Houston area, and he said he'd if it was more than 3-4 people willing to participate, that the only way his travel expenses would be covered.
    Anyone wants to join?
    every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more