Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Router?

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I PM'ed her that she should do, and included command syntax on how to release/renew IP's for each computer yesterday. Not sure if she did or not.

And hopefully all the phone techs would have suggested that too.
    When the laptop was connected to the internet I did the release/renew IP's on the desktop since it was having IP conflict. It gave me a message something bout DHCP being disabled because another device was using the IP assigned. So it wouldn't let me renew while having them both connected. I could do one at a time.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Damn girl, you aren't getting a break are ya?

One more thing to try. Log into router and change this on first page:

Starting IP Address: 192.168.1.XXX

Change the XXX from whatever it is to 1 higher and Save Settings. Then do a release renew on the computer.

Then set it back to what XXX was originally and Save Settings. In theory, your 2 computers should now have a different IP address. Now try hooking the other computer back again at the same time.

Runnin' out of ideas...
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Well I exchanged the router today. I tried just doing the CD that came with it for setting it up. NO LUCK!!! It wouldn't work. I called Linksys and was talking with a guy & then we got hung up!!!!! Do they have a smiley for pulling your hair out?? I am SOOOO sick of dealing with this. I don't think I'm going to mess with it for a another week!! Do you think if I switched back to cable everything would be okay again?? I'm considering it!!

omg what a jinx. I can just imagine your frustration. I wish I knew an answer for you.

Well since I couldn't get the new router going. I took everyones advice & asked someone to come over for help. I went through my friends on facebook & looked at everyones jobs n' stuff..then asked a couple of the computer nerds if they could help He came over today, but I warned him he might be leaving wanting to pull his hair out! He changed what he assumed was wrong, with no success. After about an hour still nothing..Finally, he just started clicking & doing trial n' error. He finally did it!!! We don't know exactly what he changed that made it work all we know is it works! I am able to get on both of my computers now wireless at the same time. My boyfriends not here to check his xbox to see if it works, but assuming it should!!

Ahh..I felt so much better when he finally figured it out. Mission Accomplished!

congratulations Gurley..
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA