Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has Tatts, and why did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I'm sorry you're a virgin, but do you have any tattoos?

j/k gurly
    I laughed out loud
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I have a lot.

**Comedy and Tragedy masks on my right scapula -- that's my life, way up or way down.

**Phoenix over my right collar bone -- I've been clinically dead twice.

**Peacock clutching pink flowers that covers my upper right arm from shoulder to elbow -- got it the day I interviewed for the Governor's Executive Intern Program.

**3/4 ring vine with the same pink flowers the peacock holds around my left ankle -- got it the day before I started work with the Gov's Intern Program.

**Black ink only tiger face on my left breast -- got it when an ex boyfriend came to visit and it was raining. (It's an old joke between us.)

**Two tropical fish on my upper left thigh -- one is from New Orleans and the other from a trip to visit friends back in Michigan. The artist in Michigan did extra coloring and added some bubble and kelp at no charge because he thought I had the perfect skin for tattooing and was enjoying working on me.

**A red and black tribal armband circling the Chinese character for eternal happiness on my upper left arm -- my wedding tattoo. The hubby has the same armband in the same location, but with the character for eternal peace. Got the characters done in New Orleans, but it took us two years to find the arm band design we wanted. Got it done in Georgetown.

I have my tattoos for two reasons. First, I have so many scars that I didn't want, so I decided to get something nice to look at that I chose to become part of my body. I also like being known as the woman with all the tattoos (and often funky, fun hair color) instead of just being the chick in the chair.

All but one are here to stay. I am hoping to get the tiger face covered -- it lacks significance and I'm not pleased with the way it looks now. (Hubby assures me its fine -- I'm picky.)

Only problems they've caused me -- one MRI place refused to scan me because they were worried that there were metals in the ink of my older tattoos and in the red ink in my arm band. (They had little concern over my piercings -- go figure.) I've had numerous MRIs with no problems from either the tats or the piercings.

Funniest story -- after catching a glimpse of my phoenix, a potential employer called seven references asking vague questions about how I relate to people. Finally, a member of my Board of Directors who was called grew weary of the pussyfooting and confronted him about what he really wanted to know. He said, "About the tattoos...she does know when to cover them up, doesn't she?" My reference assured him I did, and I got the job.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    I have a small, long-stemmed, red rose bud on my upper left thigh. I've had it over 30 years and its colors are still beautiful. I got it in the back of a pool hall in Oceanside, California.

I had it put on my leg so that I wouldn't be tempted to go back to my abusive ex-husband. I knew he'd whip my ass.

Here's a little story I wrote about it.
    Ok, I bit. I even registered there, but where is your story? ( I'm proud of you for getting away from him.)
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals View Post
    Ok, I bit. I even registered there, but where is your story? ( I'm proud of you for getting away from him.)
    Yikes, sorry. If you are logged in and click on my link it should lead there. The story is titled "Final Dance".

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

where to start. lol
    yep, I'm tatted. they were mainly discreet peek-a-boo type tattoos that weren't small or anything, but could be covered super easily- but as of my 5 year july 2009 I got a decent sized print on my forearm. most of my ink is pretty graphic inspired or pop-art ish, but this banksy print was pretty on point to where I was at in life, and I felt something different every time I looked at it. Since then I've gotten a teeny heart hidden on my left ring finger, and another small piece on my wrist. I think my total is up to 10 or so now, with my next one planned and in the works. (a reference to 'round midnight' by thelonious monk.)

the original piece. the balloon wraps around to the front of my arm like a reveal. love it.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I have 6. I chose each one for a different reason. I have never regreted them. I did get sick of one and had it redone and changed into a different design.

I would say dont choose something you find on the wall in the shop. Hundreds of others will have it

and shop around. Artists have styles and if it doesnt suit yours, you will be unhappy!!

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    Yikes, sorry. If you are logged in and click on my link it should lead there. The story is titled "Final Dance".

Tank you veddy much.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

A Koi - A few pics

And another

Wow, that koi is gorgeous.