Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Who has Tatts, and why did you get it?

I have never gotten a tattoo either but really enjoy looking at some folks tattoos and hearing the stories beyond them.

One of my favorite memories as a kid was going up and asking my Dad's friends about their tattoos and listening to their stories.

My dad joined the navy at 17, and he got a skull and crossbones on his shoulder in San Diego. When he met my mom a year later, he had her, Lorraine, name tattooed on the other shoulder.

My brother is a Marine, retired, and he's got some good ones, too. I can't remember exactly what they are, though, haven't seen him in so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I have never gotten a tattoo either but really enjoy looking at some folks tattoos and hearing the stories beyond them.

One of my favorite memories as a kid was going up and asking my Dad's friends about their tattoos and listening to their stories.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

not the best picture...

I also wanted a tattoo after my accident that had meaning . As i laid in my bed in Jackson memorial for 2 months listening to my MP3 player for hours these lyrics stuck in my head through my recovery process !!!!!!!!!! As fate would have it I scheduled my tattoo on Saturday March 17 and 2 weeks before the artist called and asked if i could push it back to the 24th and I agreed .... and then I realized the 24th was my 6 year anniversary !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    okay it all started because I found tattoos to be a big part of the intimidation factor utilized by quad rugby players like Mark Zupan. Now I won't be satisfied until I am an all-out circus freak. Something about the sound of the gun and the tingly feeling, I used to hate needles. I go to a really cool shop where there's 6 extremely talented dudes that just vibe off of each others creativity. A day there is a treat.

..here's the finished product of my right forearm, a crazy looking witch doctor in homage of my rugby coach - a big black guy (ab) that has some kind of power over me that is slowly turning me into a team player.

I'm tempted looking at your tats! The more I look the more I want. I have one 4X4 on my right shoulder that will get extended sooner than I thought
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

hehe.. funny you posted this today, I got started on the other half of my chest this afternoon. 4 hours of linework and some background shading, gonna be a complete masterpiece when done. The artist I chose for this one is real chill and uses quiet "rotary motor" machines, today was a cakewalk. Ribs and sternum? No problem! That's below my sensory level. lol

My advice - don't start you won't stop!