Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has Tatts, and why did you get it?

Anyone else watch LA Ink?

I stumbled across it (husband is amazed I like the show) - but the artists are... interesting. And I do find some of the artwork absolutely amazing.

Have a tat of Tigger. Got it when my dad passed away, it was his nickname for me when I was a kid. It is on my upper thigh and is about 16 years old, the color has held up well I think.

TAM, they're using way better ink, better guns/needles & going deeper these days. Most of it depends on your after care now & choosing a good artist. My grandpa has some from way back & they aren't really legible.

I love Kat Von D's work(LA Ink) & I always swore I'd save up enough for a piece by her until this past season of the show. She's totally turned me off by her attitude.

My tatts went a bit below my level of sesation & I never had issues. Of course, I don't get AD from burns, cuts or stuff like that anyways.

That's cool, that they stay pretty. Honestly, I always thought that the old faded tatts looked pretty gross, although the new ones can be beautiful.

I'm not sure which seasons of LA Ink I've seen - I just tripped over it, and suspect I'm seeing re-runs. Corey is kinda cool though. bad me, I do laugh over how they can't stand poor Audrey. Poor thing, but she is sooooooooo blonde (I can say that, I'm one too, but hopefully WITH some semblance of a brain).

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Have a tat of Tigger. Got it when my dad passed away, it was his nickname for me when I was a kid. It is on my upper thigh and is about 16 years old, the color has held up well I think.

That one looks like my tigger tat!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I'm like McD, still a virgin. I've run with a pretty rowdy crowd much of my life, and everyone else usually had at least one, most had more. But no matter how hammered or high I got, I never succumbed.

My dad was in the Navy at 17. He had a skull and crossbones on one shoulder right after boot camp. Then he met my mom a year later, and had Lorraine tattooed on the other shoulder. My brother Jimmy is a retired Marine who fought in the first Gulf War, and he has some Marine tattoos...I can't recall exactly what they are. No one else in my immediate family has tattoos that I know of.

It wasn't in vogue when I was in high school. The practice seemed to blossom in the late 80s and has only become more prevalent with time.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    That one looks like my tigger tat!
    And I thought the wonderful thing about my tattoo was it was the only one!

I'm still a virgin too. Nothing has ever really sparked my interest so much I'd like to have it on me. I've went with some friends to get theirs done & don't care to go thru it myself I'm a sissy, but at least I'll admit it!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I'm still a virgin too. Nothing has ever really sparked my interest so much I'd like to have it on me. I've went with some friends to get theirs done & don't care to go thru it myself I'm a sissy, but at least I'll admit it!
    I'm sorry you're a virgin, but do you have any tattoos?

j/k gurly
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I have a small, long-stemmed, red rose bud on my upper left thigh. I've had it over 30 years and its colors are still beautiful. I got it in the back of a pool hall in Oceanside, California.

I had it put on my leg so that I wouldn't be tempted to go back to my abusive ex-husband. I knew he'd whip my ass.

Here's a little story I wrote about it.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama