Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has Tatts, and why did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAgain View Post
    they shed way more than labs and their fur is harder to get off stuff - it kind of clings. Unless you want a standard poodle - the rest of the usual service dog breeds are going to leave some hair behind but well worth it.
    a standard pood cross makes an excellen service dog. some purebreds also. they are extremely smart, and not bratty like the smaller varieties. there are a lot of laberdoodles in shelters due to the fad. one may be a perfect service dog prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by teesieme View Post
    My son would like to completely cover his scar/incision one day... he doesn't get A/D that often... I worry more about infection, with the rods and what have you. Anyone wonder about staph, etc.?
    scars do not tatoo well. many artists will not tatoo over scarring.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Pretty rare to be eaten by sharks. If that happens to me, don't hold a grudge against the sharks, OK? I bet your uncle felt the same way, Jody. (Thinking about this b/c I'm going diving in couple of weeks.)
    three friends went out on a boat into the ocean. something tipped the boat over. they tied ropes around each other. the first man drowned in not very long, my uncle had said to cut him loose. he was gettin tired, and did not want to pull on the other man. by then it was dark and the sharks were bumping their legs. the men were calling to each other. and finally my uncle did not answered back. the one ended up on a sand bar, and was rescued after the capsized boat was found and coast guard was notified. if he had not survived we would not have known about the sharks or even what had happened to them. they think it was a killer whale that capsized the boat. I think most sharks wait till drowning. it seems to be what they did. there was no feeding frenzy, at least not at the surface. I have looked for old news clippings and a copy of the report on line, but no luck. I happened in 1972.
    apparently it is not rare to be consumed by sharks in Hawaii, but it is not good for tourism to reveal that. the waters there as well as the california coast has thousands of sharks, though, attacks are rare. they would rather eat seals.

Quote Originally Posted by macska View Post
    nice ink what is the tribe?
    bakongo

I've got a tatt of a butterfly, for rebirth. I got it at 40, I'm 52 now & it's still like new.

well Hot_Wheels you still havent got one have you, gee why didnt u say something to me ill hook u up in rocky when your there next ok pete..

i have 13 now all have a meaning to them some more then others tho.
    my best one is a portrait of my old pittyxmastiff just after she died i had her for 12 years an was a rough an tough dog yet ever so gentel.

This is on my right side of my body an its quite big.. her ear goes up an down when i strech my arm up like in this pic.
    Attachment 36295Attachment 36293

This is the last time i seen her.
    Attachment 36294

I have my entire back covered with a back piece that I had drawn up of a scene from Revalations in the Bible. It consists of the world on fire on my lower back, with two beheaded Christians rising from the flames, ascending through clouds into heaven. And in the middle of the scene is a stone cross with the Lord's prayer carved in it. I have a second one on my right arm memorializing the 2006 Winter Paralympic Games that were in Torino, Italy (my first Paralympic games), and now I am in the middle of getting a half sleeve commemorating the 2010 Winter Paralympic games that were in Vancouver in which I won a Gold Medal in sled hockey. Perhaps I will try to post some pix of mine soon...

Only get something you really want! I persoanlly would never get anything that someone else could have. Nothing worse than running into someone at a concert or tattoo convention with the same tat! I come up with the deisgn for all of mine in my head and then have the custom drawn up! Mine are expensive, but you get what you pay for! And seeing as though it will be on my body forever, I don't mind shelling out a little extra cash. Always tip the artist as well! Especially if your tattoo will take multiple sessions! I tip 20%, might be a lot so some people, but my artist has over 25 hours of work on my skin, and I want him to put his best artistic effort into my tattoos, so I make sure and take care of him! Think of it like this, if you eat out and tip a waiter 10-20% for bringing you food, wouldn't it make since to tip someone that is putting something on your body that will be there forever, depening on how good the work is. But do your research on artisits! Don't settle! If one draws something up and you don't like something about it, tell them, it's their job to draw exactly what you are wanting and what you will be paying for... again, it will be there forever! It took my 6 months to find the right artist for my back piece, and like i said earlier, between my back and half sleeve, he has over 25 hours of work on my body! Anyways, if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them! I not only get tattoos, but I study the art, the history, and the meaning of them in all the different cultures. They absolutely fascinate me! Anyways, hope this helps!
    "The Only Disability in Life is...A Bad Attitude!"

I use to want a piece from Kat as well, until i found out that is cost $500 just to sit down in her chair!!!!!!!!! That's not even including that tat, which can be well over $100 an hour!

That is why you always get something custom! Even if it is something simple like a "Tigger" and good artist can come up with some way to cutomize it so that it is indeed the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by USASledSniper7 View Post
    That is why you always get something custom! Even if it is something simple like a "Tigger" and good artist can come up with some way to cutomize it so that it is indeed the only one!
    I agree with this...make it your own...my Tigger may not be the most unique...but I identify with it. My one for my wedding I designed...and has the colors we used for our wedding. I will always be able to look at it and remember the best day of my life thus far. Get something that means something to you...not something you can pick out of a tat book...you probably will regret that later on.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss