Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has Tatts, and why did you get it?

Who has Tatts, and why did you get it?

So i have been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while, but i want one with related meaning behind it, and can't decided on one. I have been leaning towards a phoenix rising from the ashes, a scorpion one (or maybe just get a few whiskers on my face and black my nose a bit :P).
    But i just want to know:-

1) What tattoo have you got, had or would get if you had to.
    2) Reason behind picking it
    3) Do you regret getting it, or not getting it.

Pete
    'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_wheels View Post
    1) What tattoo have you got, had or would get if you had to.
    2) Reason behind picking it
    3) Do you regret getting it, or not getting it.

Pete
    I have 3...one of Tigger bouncing on his tail, Fantasia Mickey with the 2 brooms carrying water, and a carousel horse with a ribbon that contains the date I got married.

The reason for the third one is easy. Our reception was held at a place where there was a carousel that only my wedding guests could ride on. I wanted to have a tattoo that reminded me of the best day of my whole life, hence the carousel horse. Tigger was done because I have been known since high school as Tigger (I do not remember why now). Fantasia Mickey is my favorite character, and I love the scene where the brooms keep bringing water.

I have no regrets on any of mine. Each says something about me. I believe they are tasteful and as long as I know what they mean...then that is all that matters.

Good luck in your decision!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I love fairies & have two fairy tatts now.

My first was during a dark period after sci, it's a faiiry riding a hummingbird. It represents trying to find my way, a journey.

My second is of a fairy sitting on the moon, she's very blue representing sadness, but blowing stars/fairy dust across my fusion scar as if to say good-bye to the pain and bitterness.

I want many more, I would like to tie in a whole scene across my upper back. Next will most likely be the Tree of Life design with my own spin on it, not the typical one "everyone" has. I know my bff & I have plans for pawprints somewhere together, I'll probably do that on the inside of my wrist, hers are already taken so idk where hers will go.

I don't resent mine at all. To some they make be tacky but I feel they add personality.

I got one to celebrate 40
    old skeleton face with flag around neck
    then I got a dream catcher for 41
    and a ftw for 42
    didn't see anything i really wanted from then on

and remember, they're on there for life, usually
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I don't have any - I can see some are really pretty. But I wondered - don't they fade and blur over time, and not look so good? Or am I mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    I don't have any - I can see some are really pretty. But I wondered - don't they fade and blur over time, and not look so good? Or am I mistaken...
    must be better ink nowadays, the one i got 10 years ago still looks like new, but see some alittle older is faded to hell.
    and of course could be the artist also
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Ah, improvements in technology That's great. I bet it's the ink.

I rode HD's for 26 years, around some of the most tatted folks there is. I just never found one I wanted on my bod for life.

Now that I'm not riding anymore, I seem to want one, 2 actually.

This is a patch one of my riding buds gave me in the hospital. It has "broken wing" to signify a downed rider:

and I want my avatar. It was the rear fender I designed and had airbruhed on my last bike:

Just haven't done it yet.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

i have 8. jap symbol for strength and 1 that means insane, a dragon, yin yang with a little tribal, a sun, wolf on top of a mountain, a tribal, and a low rider women. i would get more but i was told you can only get them where you can feel. so being a quad i don't have much room. some do fade but the shop i go to redo them for free. all mine are black and gray.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    i would get more but i was told you can only get them where you can feel.
    I was never told that...and all 3 I have were put on my legs/ankles...which I do not feel...never had an issue.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss