Thread: just bought a Whole Body Vibrating Machine!

just bought a Whole Body Vibrating Machine!

17 years post, 58 years old, another confirmation of severe osteoporosis was not a surprise, however, it is still frightening. I've taken Fosamax, done the daily Forteo injections for 2 years, and taken enough calcium to give me 7 kidney stone events in the last 10 years - and no benefit with any of the treatments.

My next attempt - this vibration platform. There is a bit of research offering hope that maybe this might be a treatment that works.

I can bear weight but I don't have balance or proprioception, so my plan is to stand on it inside my LiftWalker.

I am wondering if anyone else has used a vibrating platform..

It will arrive next week. I will report any interesting developments.… ; ]

http://www.wholebodyvibrationmachine.com/
    I ordered #3 and will take the pole off and use my walker for support.
    Karen M
    C 3/4 inc. central cord
    10/29/1992 - 18 years, but who counts?

Blog Entries
    There were a few threads here discussing them a couple of years ago. The research so far seems to hold up to their positive benefit. If I remember correctly, sports teams are getting them for rehab.
    I'm in the same boat with osteoporosis from my hips down. My phsyiatrist is trying to get me to try all the usual suspects also...to no avail. I believe you are on the right and only track for most of us with lmn affected sci. That's the way I'm rollin anyway, I'm not a major supported of the maJik pill method, I can't walk or bear weight so I am a firm believer those methods are a waste of everything and a greater risk to damage more.

Good luck, I remember standing on a foot vibrator for 25 cents at Opryland in 1979 or 1980, for rejuvenating your tired legs/feet. That is what this always reminds me of.

I remember putting 25 cents (at a time) into a 'Magic Fingers" bed in some flea-bag motel I stayed at once. It wasn't for rejuvenating tired legs/feet. I don't recall if I was alone or not. Hmmm.....

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    I remember putting 25 cents (at a time) into a 'Magic Fingers" bed in some flea-bag motel I stayed at once. It wasn't for rejuvenating tired legs/feet. I don't recall if I was alone or not. Hmmm.....

Bob.
    LOL, sounds pretty memorable.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash