Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions?!

Not meaning to be crass... but. I'm going to make the same resolution I (unsuccessfully) made the last two New Years....

I'm gonna get laid.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I have that but it is closing at once, they said three months for using the filter, it lastet three days. So I have to buy. And it is 3 dollars for 1500cc water. Even the water tap in the shower is closing all the time so I had to take out the usual iron filter that is inside. And the coke is 1 dollar for 1500 cc.

I know the coke is bad for my UTI so that's why I want to stop drinking it. I am not terrible fond of sweets and chocolate so that is not a problem.

The sigarettes is impossible to stop, I enjoy every one. I can use snus instead, but that is bad for the gum and the teeth if I do it too much.

The PT is easy, only the snow has to leave so I can get out. It is not far from my house and it is free for people with SCI. But I don't go as long as I have fever so I have to wait until the UTI is gone, whenever that is going to be. My new doctor is working on it, the urologist at the hospital can't do anything, I have to go to a neurourogist and I don't know how many month or years waiting list he has. It is only two in all Norway, one in Oslo and one in Bergen
    Wow, that sounds like some kinda water! Yikes.

I hope the waiting list isn't too long, but wow, only two.

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    I hope the waiting list isn't too long, but wow, only two.
    I would take that with a big grain of salt. Just think about it, only two, in a country? At least, a good thing we only have one wfe.

If I remember correctly (and perhaps I am mistaken) I don't think it's a regular neurologist she needs, I think it was some sort of neuro-urologist or something unusual.

As it isn't a huge country, and that sounds like a pretty rare specialty, I could believe that.

I think someone around here needs to make a resolution to be nicer to somebody else....maybe you would know, Leif?

Mark, isn't it you that has the internet friend coming for NY's? Good luck to being more than friends & getting laid.

Mark, isn't it you that has the internet friend coming for NY's? Good luck to being more than friends & getting laid.
    Quad, I love how you think, but I don't think it's in the cards. This woman is a truly beautiful soul-inside and out. She skis, has her own sailboat and is a pilot.

She also has three children...and ten grandchildren...and one great grandchild. She will be 76 in Feb. (I met her on the Patients Like Me ALS site...her husband had the beast , and she was kind enough to give Mike his Dyna Vox.)

I still have hope though.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Hey, maybe she'll like 'em young

Seriously, she does sound like a very special person.

After a year and a half with one pressure sore and about four months with another, I'd like to get them healed in 2010. However, as I've posted elsewhere, I'm not making any official resolutions.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Lol, Mark, are you discriminatory against cougars? I have faith, the Va-ja-jay fairy will come your way in the new year, possibly more well used than you prefer, but beggars can't be so choosy.

Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    I think someone around here needs to make a resolution to be nicer to somebody else....maybe you would know, Leif?
    Quad79, as for nice, I don't think it is nice to post lies and bs as if they are facts, ref. my comment above.