Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

A friend I met online is coming here from Seattle, so I am looking forward to seeing her. We will all probably stay in and chill. My fam loves to play games like Pictionary and UNO. The boys have ordered french bread pizzas for dinner, and they get to drink pop for a special treat. Most of the younger cousins are going to parties, and the grands will hit the hay early, so it will be kind of quiet. Which is fine with me.

My grandpa is cooking ham and black-eyed peas for New Years Day. He is from the South...of Ireland! A little football will be in order, and maybe a beer or three will make it down the tube.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy 2010.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

New year new day ...never really get excited about it....you wake up the next day and nothing has changed.....I just like the thought of brighter days and more day light and the fact that in a few months we might get some warm weather.

Well, I for one am glad 09 is over. What a year for me. May tip a few with my brother & friends. Hang out with Fuzzy & Scooter. Happy New Year.

Sitting on my thumb, but NYE is amateur night anyway and why chance the new crew of 21 year olds out and about?

Very thankful for 2009. 2010 looms ominous with my sister's health in rapid decline. Will be flying down to Fort Lauderdale Mid January to see her, possibly for the last time.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you have a good visit.

New Year's Eve

A party with neighbors and friends, probably 12-16 folks. Our plan is to have dinner together, then go to our homes for a nap so we can party in the New Year and have breakfast together.

Naps are necessary for us seniors to make it past midnight.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Not much planned for me. My boyfriend works NYE & in the morning. Just hang out at home & bring in the new year with him!! Not a biggie for me..just another day
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I'll be taking the elevator from my 2nd floor condo up to a friends condo on the 14th floor for a little party. I love that as it makes no difference what the weather is and it also keeps me off the roads with the drunk drivers. Her condo looks out over Boston Harbor and the islands, so the view is spectacular, including the fireworks they shoot over the harbor.

We don't have anything planned but probably will stay up to ring in the New Year. New Year's has never been my favorite holiday its just another day to me.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Sitting on my thumb, but NYE is amateur night anyway and why chance the new crew of 21 year olds out and about?

Very thankful for 2009. 2010 looms ominous with my sister's health in rapid decline. Will be flying down to Fort Lauderdale Mid January to see her, possibly for the last time.
    sorry to hear about your sister
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan