Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New policy: Ban of commercial weblinks (URL) in member signature or homepage link

bump?

Well, I posted a comment and the next reply / comment after it was Bump and I thought it was the moderators commenting on my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It is a method for moving a post up to the top of the queue. Why?

(KLD)

Commercial hyperlinks have begun appearing in posts where they where they were not placed by the poster. I suppose that doesn't violate this thread's premiss.

For example, see the word benefits in the following post: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...postcount=5131

Update: Uh oh, it may be my PC. I got it with two browsers, i.e. Firefox and IE, but now its gone.
    Last edited by khmorgan; 01-07-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Commercial hyperlinks have begun appearing in posts where they where they were not placed by the poster. I suppose that doesn't violate this thread's premiss.

For example, see the word benefits in the following post: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...postcount=5131
    That link was place in the message by the OP, as required when copying materials from other websites/news sources. It is not spam.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    That link was place in the message by the OP, as required when copying materials from other websites/news sources. It is not spam.

(KLD)
    Really?

Attachment 48005

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Your PC's infected.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Your PC's infected.
    Thanks! I'll run a full scan and clean it up.

Bump.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    It's a "sticky". Isn't it always on top?

Question: Do commercial email addresses and blogs that sell advertisement count as "commercial links"? See a lot of those...
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Bump.

A commercial e-mail address is not necessarily prohibited...for many people their only e-mail address is one they get through their work. Similarly, blogs that are personal blogs are not prohibited nor are Facebook pages as long as they are the personal (and not for profit/commercial) blog or page of the individual member.

(KLD)