Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New policy: Ban of commercial weblinks (URL) in member signature or homepage link

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    I'm almost wondering if people's first - say three - posts ought to be moderated before going up. What a hassle, you seem to be bombarded with spam lately.
    TAM, most people who register want to post right away. Over 20 people register each day. Moderators don't have time for this. So, anybody who shows up with a commercial link in their signature, even people who claim that they have spinal cord injury, we will ban.

Wise.

I understand. If it would be more work for the mods, then it certainly wasn't a good idea.

whoops did i violate a rule?

i put in a web site today for shoes that fit AFO's, was that a violation? if so, let me know and i won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by springville girl View Post
    i put in a web site today for shoes that fit AFO's, was that a violation? if so, let me know and i won't do it again
    Hi, as long as you are not advertising that company but simply making a personal recommendation of the company and its products, that is all right. We are flooded by spammers who are advertising products on our site.

Wise.

I have a link after my name. It's probably okay because as far as I know the site doesn't sell anything. I thought I'd change it anyway, but can't find where I created it.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Hi Tom,

There's no link after your name, so you're good to go.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    I have a link after my name. It's probably okay because as far as I know the site doesn't sell anything. I thought I'd change it anyway, but can't find where I created it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Just spotted that.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Wise,
    I just got a PM yesterday with commercial-only purpose.... here it is...

ello Margie,
    I am the founder of Disabled Explorers, a volunteer run non-profit in Arizona that is run by the disabled for the disabled. Our mission is to encourage & enable the disabled to get out and travel the backcountry.
    Check out our website www.disabledexplorers.org
    We could really use some help telling the story of the folks who go out camping with us.
    Thanks,
    1 Leg Lance

This is a non-profit organization so excluded from any ban, and PMs are not included in this ban. If you don't want to get PMs, you can turn them off, or just not open them from people you don't really know (just delete).

(KLD)

Yes, I don't like that people put lots of links on the signature, must ban