Thread: walking no hands

walking no hands

christmas eve i took my first step with no hands and was able to hold my balance after the step. i am 14 months post can i walk normal again one day?
    keep your head up!

Man, you are in aposition that most of us would kill for. Keep up the good work and think about the rest of us this upcoming year.

Quote Originally Posted by goredeisel
    christmas eve i took my first step with no hands and was able to hold my balance after the step. i am 14 months post can i walk normal again one day?
    It looks like you're doing what it takes to find out. That's a big step!
    Know Thyself

It will pay off eventually continue to push as far as possible, wish you well
    Quote Originally Posted by goredeisel View Post

To be perfectly honest. NO. Means nothing at all except the fact that you've gained enough to take one step.

Just keep trying. S'all you can do, but none will be able to tell you whether you'll walk again, esp normal.

That is brilliant..one step leads two...don,t worry about walking normal...what is a normal walk everyone walks differently....whats important is your standing and took that first step...so keep onworking and you might just be taking afew more...good luck

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Look Mom.... NO HANDS!

Dear goredeisel,

As a SCI that has gotten back on my feet, I can assure you that you will probably never "WALK EXACTLY NORMAL" but WHY COMPLAIN when what you have done is SUCH AN ACHIEVEMENT! You need to keep at it, strive for all that you can achieve. With a sprinkle of grace and a dump truck of hard work who knows may be bowel and bladder next (and after that who knows).

Keep working at it. Even though I could walk gimp stick circles around you, I still need to work through the daily pain and keep doing physical activity lest the muscle atrophy kicks in and renders me back to that God Forsaken chair.

What a Monsterous mile stone in your recovery. You still have a long way to go, but for now rejoice for the achievement you have completed.

Hoping for GREATER RETURN for you,

You must walk your own race and not compare yourself to others. Return is very individual. KEEP UP THE HARD WORK AND NEVER GIVE UP. I don't have SCI, but my 19 year old is one year post. He can walk with his HKAFO's but they aren't practical for every day use and wear out his arms. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Just keep posting all your progress, it's beneficial, positive energy for others! So very happy for you!
    FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.