Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got a Wii for chirstmas!

Just got a Wii for chirstmas!

Hi my family just got a wii and the wii fit plus for christmas. i am in a power chair so does that mean i will not be able to play the wii fit games? i know i'll most likely be able to play most of the other games but just curious about the fit because of the balancing board. it's fine if i can't since i can get a pretty good workout with most other games. thanks.

Well you aren't able to stand on the board & would break it if you rolled onto it! Enjoy the other games!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

that's kind of what i thought shannon!

Quote Originally Posted by bailey5774 View Post
    Hi my family just got a wii and the wii fit plus for christmas. i am in a power chair so does that mean i will not be able to play the wii fit games? i know i'll most likely be able to play most of the other games but just curious about the fit because of the balancing board. it's fine if i can't since i can get a pretty good workout with most other games. thanks.

I have not used the board but wii resort with the motion plus is awsome and you can play sports that suck to play in a wheelchair, the super mario bros Wii is suppose to be a fun party game too. rabbits 2 is really fun for a family game that is made for people that do not play video games.
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

if you look on instructables.com there are hack to make the Wii numchucks control a lot of household items
    cauda equina

Blog Entries
    I am a C 5-6 My two favorite games are Sports Resort and Grande Slam Tennis. I simply use an eating cuff to strap the wiimote to my hand. I love it!
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

GREAT upper body workout...bicycle race on Resort.Killed my arms,abs,back..etc full sweat too love my Wii .

btw im in electric wchair no prob with lots of the games.

We have the Wii and we play Bowling, Tennis and tons of other games. You will be a Wii junkie in no time

wow thanks!! lots of good advice and games to try out!!! now all i'm waiting for is to have everything moved to a room i can get into!!! i hope that will be soon! thanks again everyone if anyone else has any good games for someone in a chair to try out let me know!

Some of the games require two remote action, which can be tough. On the back of the games it generally tells you what the actions are. You might want to steer clear of those.
    But the basic *and popular* games are pretty easy for us to do as a family.
    We have a fishing game thats pretty tough, but otherwise all we have have been adaptable.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey5774 View Post
    wow thanks!! lots of good advice and games to try out!!! now all i'm waiting for is to have everything moved to a room i can get into!!! i hope that will be soon! thanks again everyone if anyone else has any good games for someone in a chair to try out let me know!