Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Pain meds + Marijuana

I'm in CT. Bring in pain meds from two different doctors and you get in a big bag of pooh. Seems here all pain med scrip go through a central and the fastest way to loose or delay your meds is the 2 doctor trick.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Illinois keeps a central registry of narcotic scripts. Doctors do not usually tell you that.

You'd have to hop over the border or something. They are making it harder (which, imo, is a very good thing).

In Illinois anyway, any doctor who is involved in your care can look you up in the registery, and see when, how much and from what doctor you've gotten meds. While this might seem like a negative - I really don't think it is - because you don't have to prove you've been behaving, they can see that. (doesn't account for street drugs of course)

Well whats the laws for us in GA ?

I know PA has a central list, but only if you use your insurance to pay for it. I have a friend who is addicted to oxycontin and has 3 doctors writing him scripts and filling them at different drug stores around philly and just pays in cash. Its really sad to witness, but it just shows how bad some state regulated systems work sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dylankrapf View Post
    I know PA has a central list, but only if you use your insurance to pay for it. I have a friend who is addicted to oxycontin and has 3 doctors writing him scripts and filling them at different drug stores around philly and just pays in cash. Its really sad to witness, but it just shows how bad some state regulated systems work sometimes.
    that sounds weird, i would think the whole reason to track centrally is to control the drugs, and only to track the ins ones are not worth having the system
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

i got the boot from my pmr cause the lab corp for my urine test showed one of my meds clearly methodone didnt show. 0 mg not in my system what so ever, clearly a error and he sits me down and tells me how im his best patient. i had to give the urine any time befor the next visit so its not like i was doing wrong. however fought this to the medical board but he won lol. its not easy to accuse a doc of something unless you have good evidence but just cause you got caught i think you should move on and waste not your time.
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by dylankrapf View Post
    I have a friend who is addicted to oxycontin and has 3 doctors writing him scripts and filling them at different drug stores around philly and just pays in cash. Its really sad to witness, but it just shows how bad some state regulated systems work sometimes.
    And I cant get my new Dr, to even give it to me..... phucker. Its been working for me for years, I move and get this new Dr, and now he wants to try and move me to new things..... ADVIL ! WTF

Now I'm taking so many Tylenol to kill it its killing me.... I Hate people that abuse things and make it so people like me cant get whats needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Well whats the laws for us in GA ?
    Which part of the law are you interested in - When a doctor can break confidentiality? When they are mandated to contact authorities? When a psychotherapist will break confidentiality? If there is a "registry" of controlled drug scripts?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I would help you research - but there have been various different things discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    And I cant get my new Dr, to even give it to me..... phucker. Its been working for me for years, I move and get this new Dr, and now he wants to try and move me to new things..... ADVIL ! WTF

Now I'm taking so many Tylenol to kill it its killing me.... I Hate people that abuse things and make it so people like me cant get whats needed.
    Try to find another doctor. There are medications besides opiates that can help, but Advil is not generally considered the solution.

Please don't take too much tylenol - you really truly can end up needing a new liver if you take too much. And I don't mean WAY too much - a bit over the allowable amount per day can do it sometimes. I understand that you hurt - but please be careful. Liver failure is not a good way to go.