Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SCINetUSA/JustADollarPlease Fundraising Tools

We analyzied here a bunch of services. For cellphones we liked www.zong.com and i think it was free. We discarded it because it was in english, and people here don't speak that so...
    Specially if you are a non profit, most (or all) the companies will offer you better prices (free setups usually) because of that.

Paypal is a pretty big bullshit at least in spain, in terms of customer service, prices etc. We are using it temporarly, we are working out something better with our bank.

I think you should give zong a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Ox, we are unable to use PP at this time because of reasons having to do with the University.

I have looked into the text-to-donate and am on the fence here. I will not get involved in something unless I am positive it will make money.

Most vendors charge a $500 set up fee, $500 per month and $.48 per donation.
    At this point, the overwhelming majority are only $5 or $10 donations. Most say any amount can be donated in the future.

At this time, I am just not sure if enough people will donate this way.
    I think if we had a big media event where we could advertise the # we would def make money. Possibly a live webcast of an Open House.

What are your thoughts?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

I'll check it out, thanks OS.

Jim, I can't find SCINetUSA listed on GoodSearch or GoodShop. Can you provide the registered charity name?

Quote Originally Posted by litespeed4 View Post
    Jim, I can't find SCINetUSA listed on GoodSearch or GoodShop. Can you provide the registered charity name?
    Rutgers University Foundation, Piscataway NJ.

Just did the year-end dollar a day from me & Bruce

Thanks for your work, everybody at SCINet USA!

Fundraising article and awareness

, Hey Jim Finally managed to get the article posted that I put in the local and national papers and in the SCI magazine and response has been AMAZING. tHE MONEY JUST KEEPS COMING IN. iF MORE PEOPLE TOLD THEIR STORY AND SPREADED THE WORD i FEEL IT WOULD FAST FORWARD THE NEXT 10 YRS FOR US ALL. a LADY IN gALWAY GOT in touch with me too as she now wants Barb's bracelets to sell in her area. It could reallly catch on. Feel free to transfer this to whatever forum /sticky is best. THanks for your help in the wording of this, Sonia.

Our lively active daughter sustained a spinal cord injury (SCI) at the age of 4 after being involved in a car accident in May ‘08. She is paralyzed from the chest down and is dependent on a wheelchair to get about. While she remains upbeat and keeps herself busy horse riding, swimming, taking music lessons and socializing, there are moments that we all struggle to come to terms with what has happened and how our lives have been turned upside down.

Our family has spent the last 3 years trying to adapt to our new way of life while encouraging Noirin to be as independent and happy as possible. We have been trying our best to keep the complications of SCI to a minimum but alas; this is easier said than done. The specter of scoliosis (curvature of the spine), hip deformity and Osteoporosis with resultant leg fractures, has already raised it’s ugly head as well as numerous bladder and chest infections.

As a parent there is an innate urge to try to fix the problem and while I realize there is no cure for SCI at present, I am aware that there is a lot happening in this area and I wish to take an active part in this for Noirin and all people living with SCI.

When Noirin attended Shriner’s hospital in Philadelphia last summer the Medical Director said he believes a cure for SCI will happen within the next 10 years. I will do all I can to make this a reality by helping to raise money for clinical trials. The sooner she some form of treatment becomes available, the less amount of damage SCI will cause her developing body.

While researching curative therapies for spinal cord injuries, we have been most impressed by the work of Dr. Wise Young, Founding Director of the W.M. Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience at Rutgers University, New Jersey. Dr. Young, M.D. Ph.D., is recognized as one of the world’s foremost neuroscientists. He has dedicated nearly 30 years of his life to discovering a cure for paralysis caused by spinal cord injury.

To reach this goal, Dr. Young formed ChinaSCINet, a 25 center clinical trial network in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. A phase 2 trial is now underway in Hong Kong to assess escalating doses of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell transplants in 20 patients with chronic spinal cord injury. To date, 6 patient’s spinal cords have been injected with these cells. All are doing well and we will know in the coming months if regeneration is occurring.

In 2009 The Spinal Cord Injury Network USA was launched with the purpose of testing promising treatments for Spinal Cord Injury. The network will organize, administer, train, develop protocols and get approvals for the clinical trials. When the safety data is available from the ChinaSCINet trials, it will be used to gain approval to begin the next phase of the trials in the US.

The first SCINetUSA trial is planned for the summer of ’11 at Brackenridge Medical Center in Austin Texas. This trial will test umbilical cord blood cell transplants, methylprednisolone, and lithium therapy to establish the safety, feasibility, and potential efficacy of this therapy.

To learn more about these trials, please visit- www.justadollarplease.org/

Funding is needed

SCI is considered a ‘small market’ and large pharmaceutical companies have been reluctant to invest in clinical trials to test these promising therapies.
    WWW.JUSTADOLLARPLEASE.ORG is a fundraising project for SCINetUSA. Instead of waiting for a millionaire, determined mothers decided to ask a million people for JustADollarPlease to support spinal cord injury clinical trials.
    Donations can be made on the web-site or alternatively…
    . By wearing/selling/buying a wristband.
    These can be purchased in any Healthwise Pharmacy-listed on www.healthwisepharmacies.ie

Or bought directly from www.scibracelets.com

Dr. Wise Young has promised that if this combination of treatment isn’t successful they will continue to search to find the correct one to unlock the cure. With JustADollarPlease.org you can help make this happen.

I have some ideas for fundraising... should I post it here or send to someone as a private message?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

I would love to hear your ideas...

Metal bookmarks

As I am involved in professional print on metal business this came as an Idea for fundraising. We have promotional product "Metal Bookmark" that can be customized and sold to companies, organizations , libraries etc.
    We are still trying to find right way to sell and promote this and some similar products / fundraising tools.
    I am unable to sell those individually [talking with Jim and Barb (scibracelets.com) about this] but I can certainly try to help to print & ship them in bulks from 40 and up. Here is concept on my blog:
    http://miracleofwalk.wordpress.com/f...tal-bookmarks/

www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine