Thread: On the rebound........

On the rebound........

Some interesting things been happening, was pretty much degressing lately but couple months ago my home visit nurse put me on simvastim(sp?), along with that I added 1000mg omega3/400mg vit D/daily otc vit supp. Well lo and behold it seems i might have hit my right combination, things have picked up quite a bit lately. Biggest thing with me was my heat tolerance, since I stopped sweating couple years ago I couldn't function without a fan blowing on me 24/7, haven't turned it on in weeks and I actually been feeling chilled. And now my legs seem to be coming back a bit where I can use them to transfer myself later at night when I used to get very tired.

All in all I was not looking forward to getting older(I'm 55) at the rate I was going but given the current situation..........

Oops sorry, I forgot no one here knows me, I'm a 55 y/o male d/x MS 1981, progressive type. Started using WC 1997 and fulltime in it since 2006 when my body core stopped cooling itself. Never on any drug programs.

Nice to meet you all.

A nurse is not allowed to prescribe, so how did you get the Rx for Zocor?

Actually, there are a couple of clinical trials going on with Zocor as a treatment for MS. Nothing definitive yet, but if you do have hyperlipidemia and MS, I would be requesting that specific medication if your physician thinks you need to take a statin.

Glad your MS seems to be in a period of remission.

Please complete your profile.

(KLD)

Zocor is the same thing as simvastatin (the generic name) or is the brand name best in these cases?
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

I'm part of the home based care of the VA, the RN comes to my home every couple months to do a checkup on me, recommends the meds and on-call Dr writes the prescription which VA then sends to me.