Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: my M1, quad setup

my M1, quad setup

I'm out of my M1 today (snow), figured I'd snap a pic.

These measurements are approximate, and there may be a little error b/c it's sitting on carpet. I tweak this every so often to how I feel comfortable in it, not to numerical measurements... but these numbers are relatively close to my present setup.

I'm currently running an 18" deep seat pan (front edge of seat to back of side guard), but w/ an ADI back that eats some depth. I have a 17w x 16d Stimulite Classic XS on this, so there's some extra wiggle room behind it (it's held in place w/ HD velcro). The rear STF appears pretty low in regards to suspension travel, but in reality (1) the camera angle is higher than the seat, so it looks like less than it is, and (2) I don't drop off anything big enough to bottom out during normal use, so it works well & still provides a plush ride. If I bounce hard it the seat will hit the frame, but right now I'm liking the low rear STF more. I can always adjust it if need be.

The deeper seat pan is actually something really low like 13.75" all the way in the rear, but where the back of my cushion sits is higher.

The backrest angle is tilted forward slightly here; in use it's 1-2 degrees further back.

If I could change anything at the moment I'd add a set of Tundra wheels (24" w/ MTB tires), get a slightly longer backrest post & lift the back up ~1", and swap some better brakes in place of the scissors.

Wheels/tires are 25" Rogue Tempest w/ Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, Frog Legs forks up front w/ 4x1.5" soft rolls.

Heading out, will address questions tomorrow.

peace,
    scott

Why so much dump?

Scott:
    I would rather see a video of you out in the snow with the chair. That will impress me. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    I'm out of my M1 today (snow), figured I'd snap a pic.

These measurements are approximate, and there may be a little error b/c it's sitting on carpet. I tweak this every so often to how I feel comfortable in it, not to numerical measurements... but these numbers are relatively close to my present setup.

I'm currently running an 18" deep seat pan (front edge of seat to back of side guard), but w/ an ADI back that eats some depth. I have a 17w x 16d Stimulite Classic XS on this, so there's some extra wiggle room behind it (it's held in place w/ HD velcro). The rear STF appears pretty low in regards to suspension travel, but in reality (1) the camera angle is higher than the seat, so it looks like less than it is, and (2) I don't drop off anything big enough to bottom out during normal use, so it works well & still provides a plush ride. If I bounce hard it the seat will hit the frame, but right now I'm liking the low rear STF more. I can always adjust it if need be.

The deeper seat pan is actually something really low like 13.75" all the way in the rear, but where the back of my cushion sits is higher.

The backrest angle is tilted forward slightly here; in use it's 1-2 degrees further back.

If I could change anything at the moment I'd add a set of Tundra wheels (24" w/ MTB tires), get a slightly longer backrest post & lift the back up ~1", and swap some better brakes in place of the scissors.

Wheels/tires are 25" Rogue Tempest w/ Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, Frog Legs forks up front w/ 4x1.5" soft rolls.

Heading out, will address questions tomorrow.

peace,
    scott
    Thats a great looking chair, Scott. How hard is it to transfer out of it though with that much dump?

Dave
    Dave

Scott, Surelock is pretty much ready to go with hub locks for the Marvel and Ti flange wheels -- at most a tweak or two away.

Having a lot of dump makes it much more stable for a quad. I have as much dump as Scott and it's very easy to get out of the chair even without triceps.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Remove the dimensions from the pic, and you have the perfect MarvelPro Christmas card to send to your customers.

I'm an old quad (in every sense of the word) but I am curious about the seat angle and if that angle over time would cause additional back and hip problems?

I have been going back and forth between a Tilite and a Marvel on what to order soon. After watching the videos and learning about all the adjustments its almost made my mind up. It seems Surelocks are on the way so that is a concern gone and pushblacks are available for the Rogue wheel. I thought this chair was more for a para. The only concern is my legs flopping way out. Any insight to that?

Pete
    C6

Yes, unfortunately your legs will probably "frog out". Jeff, what about those flip-up CF flaps to keep the legs in for those with that problem?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)